Many are already declaring the 2013 Australian Guineas (1600m) run and won by All Too Hard but there are still 15 other horses in the field including Albrecht.
The Darley-owned colt is a long-priced second favourite at $17 and at his best there is no denying he is a classy performer.
The three-year-old was a narrow Group 1 runner-up in the Golden Rose during the spring but has thus far failed to show that form in two autumn starts.
So can Albrecht turn his form around and upset Australia’s number one stallion prospect? Or will it simply be All Too Hard? Keep reading for the key stats relating to the son of Redoute’s Choice as well as an analysis of his chances.
#2 Albrecht – Horse Facts
- Barrier: 5
- Jockey: Kerrin McEvoy
- Trainer: Peter Snowden
- Owner: Sheikh Mohammed
- Age: 3YO
- Gender: Colt
- Breeding: by Redoute’s Choice out of O’Giselle
- Career: 7-2-2-1
- Win: 29%
- Place: 43%
- Last 6: 312267
- Prize Money: $357,100
- Track: 1-0-0-0
- Distance: 0-0-0-0
- Current 2013 Australian Guineas Odds: $17
Why Albrecht Can Win the 2013 Australian Guineas
- Proven performer, having won at Group 3 level and placed at Group 1 and Group 2 level
- Drawn well in barrier five
- Third-up meaning fitness will be no issue
Why Albrecht Can’t Win the 2013 Australian Guineas
- Yet to show the same form he delivered in the spring
- Finished well off many of this field in two autumn starts to date
- Yet to be tested over 1600m
- Yet to run at Flemington
- Not in All Too Hard’s league on what he has shown so far
Whether you think it will be All Too Hard, Albrecht or another runner, great Australian Guineas odds can be found at bookmaker.com.au.
Quote the code BONUSBET when joining to give your Guineas day betting a huge boost with the Australian-owned bookie’s $400 bonus bet offer!