Godiva Rock is the fourth favourite for this Saturday’s Blue Diamond Stakes 2013 but as the early market mover still at juicy double figures does she have genuine claims for a boilover result in the Melbourne Autumn Racing Carnival classic?
The fillies dominate the betting markets for this year’s $1 million Group 1 Patinack Farm Blue Diamond Stakes (1200m) with the top four spots occupied by the girls.
Current favourite is the rails-drawn Miracles Of Life ($3) who is after her fourth win on the trot.
She is followed in the markets by the Peter Snowden-trained BD Fillies Prelude winner Guelph ($3) ahead of her stablemate, unbeaten Chairman’s Stakes champ Metastasio ($6).
There’s then a sizeable gap between this top rated trio and Michael Kent’s promising Cranbourne filly Godiva Rock who pays $15 in the Blue Diamond Stakes odds this year.
The daughter of Stratum is one of the early market movers having been backed in from $17 but she has a big task ahead of her having had just the one run leading up to the Blue Diamond.
Godiva Rock debuted at this track on February 9 in the Blue Diamond Fillies Prelude and finished a competitive third behind Guelph and Montsegur.
She will have improvement in her following that run but will it be enough to get her over the line first in an upset Blue Diamond Stakes result?
#15 Godiva Rock – Horse Form
- Barrier: 2
- Jockey: Michael Rodd
- Trainer: Michael Kent
- Owners: Everlong Racing, Mrs J Barassi, Mr D Major, Mrs D M Major, Mr T R Hurford, M H W Racing Partnership, Eureka Diesel
- Age: 2YO
- Gender: Filly
- Breeding: by Stratum (AUS) out of Quest For Fame (GB) mare Princess Jewels (NZ)
- Career: 1-0-0-1
- Win: 0%
- Place: 100%
- Last 6: 1
- Prize Money: $13,500
- Track: 1-0-0-1
- Distance: 0-0-0-0
- Current 2013 Blue Diamond Stakes Odds: $15
Yes – Godiva Rock Has What it Takes to Win the 2013 Blue Diamond Stakes
- Has drawn nicely in gate two whereas Guelph and Metastasio are out wide
- Her barrier is one outside of the favourite Miracles Of Life so could get a nice run up with them
- Is the early market mover so there’s money on her for a reason
- Set for improvement after her debut run last time out
- Michael Rodd stays on
No – Godiva Rock Isn’t Ready to be the 2013 Blue Diamond Stakes Winner
- Has had just the one run so could still be too green for this
- Couldn’t get within three lengths of Guelph in the Blue Diamond Prelude and just don’t see that much improvement happening in such a short time
Whether you think Godiva Rock can go all the way and take out the Blue Diamond or you just want to throw a sneaky dollar or two on them just in case, head over to bookmaker.com.au and get them at the best price online at the bookie offering the hottest range of autumn betting odds and options!