Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
If you aren’t familar with Shamal Wind you can be forgiven but the Robert Smerdon-trained filly is one of the top chances in the Group 1 2013 Oakleigh Plate (1100m).
Second favourite at $6, Shamal Wind is the only three-year-old in the race and only debuted during the spring.
The daughter of Dubawi is unbeaten from three starts and heads into the Oakleigh Plate as the only horse with the minimum weight allocation of 50.5kg.
Can the emerging talent shine in the top grade against the older horses? Or has the test come too soon? We provide you with the stats that matter as well as the reasons for and against backing Shamal Wind in the Oakleigh Plate.
#14 Shamal Wind – Horse Facts
- Barrier: 1
- Jockey: Glen Boss
- Trainer: Robert Smerdon
- Owners: Mrs J Lucas, LC Lucas and Miss BT Lucas
- Age: 3YO
- Gender: Filly
- Breeding: by Dubawi out of Firemaid
- Career: 3-3-0-0
- Win: 100%
- Place: 100%
- Last 6: 111
- Prize Money: $135,000
- Track: 0-0-0-0
- Distance: 0-0-0-0
- Current 2013 Oakleigh Plate Odds: $6
Why Shamal Wind Can Win The 2013 Oakleigh Plate
- Proven winner, unbeaten from three starts
- Will have improved from a tough first-up win two weeks ago
- Well weighted with just 50.5kg, 7.5kg less than the topweights and 6.5kg less than favourite Barakey
- Has top jockey Glen Boss in the saddle
Why Shamal Wind Can’t Win The 2013 Oakleigh Plate
- Yet to race higher than Listed level
- Comes up against some proven Group 1 performers
- Will inexperience cost her from the inside barrier?
Whoever you are backing in the Oakleigh Plate ensure you are accessing great odds by betting with bookmaker.com.au.
Enter the code BONUSBET for a big Oakleigh Plate day betting boost with their $400 bonus bet offer!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.