Betting for the 2018 Group 1 $700,000 Altus...
When Perth sprinter Barakey lines up in the Group 1 2013 Oakleigh Plate (1100m) at Caulfield on Saturday, he will start a deserving favourite.
But that doesn’t mean it will be easy.
Currently a $3.40 top elect, the five-year-old has earned his spot at the top of betting market but faces by far the biggest test of his career this weekend.
He is yet to taste defeat in 11 starts but Saturday will be his first test outside his home state of Western Australia.
The Oakleigh Plate is often run at high pressure and it is likely to be like nothing the gelding has faced before.
So can Barakey record a 12th straight win this weekend? Or will the big stage in Melbourne be too tough a test? Keep reading for the stats that matter as well as the pros and cons about Barakey’s chances in the Oakleigh Plate.
#3 Barakey – Horse Facts
- Barrier: 8
- Jockey: Jason Brown
- Trainer: Jim Taylor
- Owners: T Zeppos, A Mihalopolous
- Age: 5YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Key Business (AUS) out of Dance Hi
- Career: 11-11-0-0
- Win: 100%
- Place: 100%
- Last 6: 111111
- Prize Money: $654,200
- Track: 0-0-0-0
- Distance: 4-4-0-0
- Current 2013 Oakleigh Plate Odds: bookmaker.com.au
Why Barakey Can Win the 2013 Oakleigh Plate
- His record speaks for itself. Natural racehorse. 11 unbeaten starts.
- Has won four times over the distance
- Has a great relationship with jockey Jason Brown who has ridden him throughout his career
- Has had a strong preparation including two trials leading into the race
Why Barakey Can’t Win the 2013 Oakleigh Plate
- Unproven outside Western Australia
- Easily the best field he has come up against
- Could it be tricky finding a spot from eight?
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.