The Chris Waller trained Comin’ Through claimed...
The big race all the punters are gearing up for this weekend is the 2013 Blue Diamond Stakes running as Caulfield Race 7 at 4:00pm (AEST) and to help you back the winning juvenile in the Melbourne Autumn Racing Carnival classic below the Races.com.au team has made their insider tips and betting selections public knowledge.
Thirteen youngsters remain in the hunt for the $1 million Group 1 Patinack Farm Blue Diamond Stakes (1200m) trophy with the fillies saturating the top half of the bookmaker.com.au markets.
Race favourite is the Daniel Clarken-trained Miracles Of Life ($3) from Adelaide who is unbeaten to date and who won her last race when debuting in Melbourne with a BD Fillies Preview win.
She is followed closely in the Blue Diamond Stakes odds by Peter Snowden’s Blue Diamond Prelude winner Guelph ($3.30) – that form stacking up well last year with the Mick Price-trained Samaready scoring the Prelude win ahead of her big Blue Diamond victory.
The shortest-priced of the boys meanwhile is Stephen Theodore’s Cranbourne galloper Crack A Roadie who resumes racing off a length spell here paying $16 to score an upset Blue Diamond Stakes result.
So can the fillies get the job done this year? Or will the boys fight back?
#8 Guelph ($3.30)
- Taking nothing away from the favourite, sticking with Snowden’s filly here as history says the Prelude is the best form with 17 of the past 30 winners coming off a Prelude start
- She easily defeated a similar field in the Prelude last time out which is the same race Samaready won 12 months ago leading into the Blue Diamond
- Snowden put the stables best jockey (Kerrin McEvoy) on her
- He’s ridden her three times before including her Prelude win and he also rode Darley’s 2010 Blue Diamond winner Sepoy to victory
- Consistent record with two wins and a second form three starts
- Comes off back-to-back wins so is in-form
- Has the fitness edge over Miracles Of Life
- Also won over 1100m so only has to get an extra 100m whereas Miracles Of Life has only seen 1000m so far
- One for the superstitious punters – wears the second most successful saddlecloth number (8) which has produced four previous winners
#10 Miracles Of Life ($3)
- Lots to like about the favourite but just a few things working against her for the win
- Barrier one might be better than the extreme outside but could get caught up in traffic from there
- Apprentice hoop Lauren Stojakovic has no big race experience which is of concern
- Did win the Preview by a big margin last start at the track but only one previous Blue Diamond winner had their lead-up win in the Preview, Reaan back in 2008
- Needs to get the distance
- Will be close but just think she might have needed another lead-up run
- Favourites don’t have the best record win only four winners since 1993 but two of those have been in the past two years with Sepoy (2010) and Samaready (2011)
#1 Crack A Roadie ($16)
- There’s a few other top fillies higher up the markets than this Charge Forward colt but really like the look of this one
- He was ultra-competitive in the spring winning on debut at the Valley before just getting nudged out in a Group 3 during the Melbourne Cup Carnival
- If they come back in the same sort of form could prove the value bet of the day
- Good gate (jumping from eight after the scratchings) and has Craig Williams in the saddle
- History says the boys are the ones to back too with 26 wins in the past 42 years and this is the shortest-priced male in the market
- Like numbers? He wears the No. 1 saddlecloth which has produced more winners (five) than any other saddlecloth
Roughie We Like
Kona Breeze ($71)
- WAY over the odds for us and make a nice exotic selection for value
- Has an okay draw and looks to be one of the forgotten males in the mix
- Singapore-based Brett Prebble is in Australia this weekend and booked for this ride
- Yet to finish out of the money having run second in all three of their career starts to date
- Trainer Peter Moody knows how to train a horse so don’t think they’re filling numbers here by any means
- Last time out was second to Metastasio, who is $6.50 for this, in the Chairman’s
- They were beaten three lengths but can improve on that having now had a look at Caulfield and the extra distance will suit this smart Sebring filly
- Don’t discount
Whether you’re backing or sacking our Blue Diamond Stakes 2013 betting tips make sure you get your selections at the hottest odds by betting online at bookmaker.com.au where you can also Pick Your Own Odds in their exclusive markets combining Fixed Win and Margin betting into one!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.