The headline race of the weekend is Melbourne’s Blue Diamond Stakes 2013, the Races.com.au team’s insider two word form guide for the showcase Victorian juvenile’s showdown published below exclusively for our readers.
Worth a juicy $1 million in prize money the Group 1 Patinack Farm Blue Diamond Stakes (1200m) is the richest race for two-year-olds held during the Melbourne Festival of Racing and this year’s field is now down to 13 starters following the early scratching of #5 Thermal Current and #12 Casquets.
Steady favourite in the Blue Diamond Stakes odds is the Daniel Clarken-trained Miracles Of Life, the Adelaide raider paying $3 to retain her undefeated status with win number four from four.
Emphatic winner of her opening two starts back home Miracles Of Life travelled east for the Blue Diamond Preview which she easily won but races for the first time since here.
Second pick at $3.30 is then Guelph, Peter Snowden’s daughter of Exceed And Excel boasting the fitness edge after saluting in the BD Fillies Prelude last start.
She does have a wide gate to overcome however while Miracles Of Life is sitting pretty in barrier one explaining their positions in the market.
Two other fillies then occupy the next two lines of Blue Diamond betting with the fellow Snowden-trained Metastasio ($6.50) who won the Chairman’s by a big margin last time out, and Godiva Rock ($15) in gate two who races for just the second time in this.
With so many talented youngsters in the mix and decades’ worth of betting history to consider doing the Blue Diamond Stakes 2013 form can seem daunting.
That’s where our exclusive two word form guide comes in! We’ve assessed the chances of all 13 runners in the Blue Diamond field in just two words so you can get a feel for which horses to back and which to sack in this year’s showdown.
- #1 CRACK A ROADIE ($16) – Crack Chance
- #2 DISSIDENT ($21) – Too Wide
- #3 SHAMUS AWARD ($101) – No Awards
- #4 THE BOWLER ($21) – Improvement Here
- #5 THERMAL CURRENT – Scratched
- #6 I AM TITANIUM ($101) – Wrong Class
- #7 FAST ‘N’ ROCKING ($34) – Keep Going
- #8 GUELPH ($3.30) – Right Form
- #9 METASTASIO ($6.50) – Don’t Discount
- #10 MIRACLES OF LIFE ($3) – Deserved Favourite
- #11 MONTSEGUR ($26) – Next Time
- #12 CASQUETS – Scratched
- #13 KONA BREEZE ($71) – Shoot Past
- #14 GREGERS ($21) – Genuine Smokey
- #15 GODIVA ROCK ($15) – Market Mover
- #16 QUEST FOR PEACE ($51) – Keep Searching
Think you’ve got the 2013 Blue Diamond Stakes winner pegged? Lock them and your exotic selections in now at the best prices in the country online at bookmaker.com.au where you will also be rewarded with a bonus bet valued up to $400 as a new depositing customer!
*All odds quoted are Fixed Win from bookmaker.com.au and subject to change