CF Orr Stakes Day at Melbourne’s Caulfield Racecourse will come to a close on Saturday with the mares only 2013 Geoffrey Bellmaine Stakes, betting tips and insider selections for which can be found below.
Set to jump as Race 9 at 5:50pm (AEST) the $150,000 Group 3 Geoffrey Bellmaine Stakes (1200m) has drawn a nice line-up of 12 quality mares with the clear favourite being Loveyamadly ($3.10) vying for her third win on the trot.
It’s a logjam in the markets after Loveyamadly with a number of others fighting for next best including market mover Group 3 winner from Emirates Stakes Day Koonoomoo ($7.509), the Michael Moroney-trained Australia Stakes fourth placed Bonnie Mac ($7.50) drawn nicely in barrier three and the Peter Moody-trained There’s Only One ($8.50) who races for the first time since July.
So can Loveyamadly continue her winning streak and live up to the hype? Or will there be an upset Geoffrey Bellmaine Stakes result this year with a longer priced hopeful such as Glen Boss’s rails-drawn ride Rivere ($10) or Written Tycoon four-year-old Vibrant Rouge ($13)?
#10 Loveyamadly ($3.10)
- Mick Price-trained local loves this track and can handle it well
- Won first-up at Ballarat by an easy two lengths before travelling home for a similarly impressive 1.3 length victory over Riviere and Vain Attraction, who she faces again here, in a handicap under the same conditions on Australia Day
- Runs are well spaced and should be on track to fire again
- Hasn’t seen 1200m but way she hit the line last time out suggests an extra 100m will only increase her winning margin
- Drawn in gate nine but should still be able to get across and salute here for Price who has a great record on this day
- Yet to finish out of the money with four wins and two minor placings from six starts
- Also good record at Caulfield (2-1-0-1)
#1 Koonoomoo ($7.50)
- They were a first-up fifth in the Group 2 Australia Stakes (1200m) at the Valley late last month and will appreciate the drop back in class here
- Should be better second-up as they were last season when second in a black-type over this track & distance
- Group 3 winner from the Melbourne Cup Carnival last spring at Flemington over 1400m where they beat a Group 1 winner in Mid Summer Music (3rd) so has class to beat these if things go their way
#12 Riviere ($10)
- Should get the run of the race from barrier one
- Ace hoop Glen Boss booked for the ride
- Locally Robert Smerdon-trained mare with an excellent record at this distance (6-3-1-0)
- Comes off a second to the favourite Loveyamadly at this track from January 26 and should be able to get closer going up from 1100m to 1200m
- Carried 58kg from gate one then and while they have the same gate here will relish the drop back to 55kg
- Weighted for an upset and has fitness on their side
All the best Melbourne Festival of Racing betting markets are available with bookmaker.com.au including those for the CF Orr Stakes Day features this Saturday.
So sign-up with bookmaker.com.au today and get in on the action starting with their generous $400 bonus welcome bet available to new depositing customers that quote the promotional code BONUSBET!
*All odds quoted are Fixed Win from bookmaker.com.au and subject to change