Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
This Saturday the headline event at Caulfield Racecourse will be the 2013 CF Orr Stakes, betting tips and selections from the expert team of tipsters at Races.com.au for which are detailed below.
Kicking off Group 1 racing for another Melbourne Festival of Racing the $400,000 Group 1 Sportingbet C.F. Orr Stakes (1400m) features a sensational final field of nine hopefuls, the favourite being valuable colt All Too Hard.
Drawn wide in barrier nine the half-brother to Black Caviar won the Caulfield Guineas last prep and was last seen stamping their claims as a promising weight-for-age star with their second behind Kiwi star Ocean Park in the Cox Plate.
They are the firming favourite in the CF Orr Stakes betting at a current quote of $2.30 with another Kiwi champion, King Mufhasa, the next best fancied in the markets paying $4.20.
Stepping out for trainer Bruce Wallace for the first time since being transferred from Stephen McKee’s care after 56 starts, the eight-year-old gelding boasts 10 Group 1 victories already with both of their Aussie elite levels having been scored at this track.
So are we sticking with the dominant duo in our CF Orr Stakes betting tips or are we tipping a boilover result with a longer-priced hopeful such as the Peter Snowden-trained Pinwheel ($6) or the undefeated Callanish ($8)?
#9 All Too Hard ($2.30)
- Group 1 winner in the Caulfield Guineas
- Proved they could also go weight-for-age when second in the Cox Plate last start
- Resume racing here and have a credible first-up record (2-1-0-1)
- Pedigree is right as their older half-sister Black Caviar won this race last year
- Better than a 50-50 chance as the favourite stats-wise with 16 of the past 30 CF Orr Stakes favourites saluting for the punters
- Takes on the older horses first-up here but think they are the one to beat
- Second best win (44.44%) and place (77.78%) rates of the field
- Undefeated at the track having won the Caulfield Guineas here last prep
- Good record over the 1400m too (2-1-1-0)
#1 King Mufhasa ($4.20)
- Reigning New Zealand Horse of the Year
- Genuine weight-for-age star so conditions suit
- 10 Group 1 wins already to their name including two at Caulfield
- Raced like a horse half their age when winning by 2.5 lengths back home last start on December 22
- Two wins from five starts at the track
- Best tried at the distance (19-6-4-2)
- Winner over the track and distance in the Group 1 Futurity Stakes last autumn
- Wears the number one saddle cloth which has been the most successful number in CF Orr history
- Also drawn in the equal best barrier (one) which has produced six winners in the past three decades along with gate four
#6 Callanish ($8)
- This undefeated local steps up in class and how they handle that is key
- Obviously boast the best win and place rates with 100%
- Eight starts for eight wins so far so like last year’s winner Black Caviar is out to retain a flawless record in the CF Orr
- Also drawn in the same barrier Black Caviar won from last year (five)
- Last seen winning the Listed Seymour Cup over the mile back in October
- Three from three when resuming
- Has won their only previous start at Caulfield by four lengths
- Also boast two wins over the 1400m
Roughie We Like
#3 Mr Moet ($16)
- One of five Group 1 winners in this field having taken out the Railway Stakes first-up during the spring
- First-up again here and while their record when resuming isn’t awesome (9-1-2-1) they did win first-up over this distance at home last April
- Their record over 1400m is in fact very good with two wins and two seconds from five starts
- They’ve earned this interstate trip and how they go racing in Melbourne for the first time is key
- Last seen running second in the Perth Cup over 2400m on New Year’s Day and will be known after this how the Perth form stacks up
- Equal second best winning percentage (44.44%) and a smart 74.07% place rate
To back our CF Orr Stakes trifecta tip or back your own selections at the guaranteed best prices, head straight to bookmaker.com.au where all first-time depositing customers are rewarded with a bonus bet valued up to $400 simply by quoting the promo code BONUSBET!
*All odds quoted are Fixed Win from bookmaker.com.au and subject to change
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.