Betting for the 2018 Group 1 $700,000 Altus...
This Saturday the Group 1 action of the Melbourne Autumn Racing Carnival gets underway at Caulfield Racecourse with the 2013 CF Orr Stakes, the Races.com.au exclusive form guide and betting analysis for which is detailed below.
Set to run as Caulfield Race 7 at 4:30pm (AEST) this year’s edition of the $400,000 Group 1 C.F. Orr Stakes (1400m) has drawn a sensational final field of nine hopefuls, five of which are already Group 1 winners.
Race favourite at a quote of $2.40 through bookmaker.com.au is the Hawkes-trained Casino Prince colt All Too Hard who won last year’s Caulfield Guineas before their brave second in Australasia’s weight-for-age championship, the Cox Plate.
All Too Hard resumes racing here from the visitor’s gate but their obvious class and impeccable breeding being a half-brother to supermare Black Caviar will see them start top of the CF Orr Stakes odds.
Other top fancies in the markets are then 10 times Group 1 winning Kiwi King Mufhasa ($4), the Peter Snowden-trained Lonhro seven-year-old Pinwheel ($6) and Mick Price’s undefeated galloper Callanish ($8).
So will All Too Hard prove to be just that to beat? Or can a longer priced hopeful in the CF Orr betting score an upset with the likes of Doomben Cup champ Mawingo ($10) and South Australian raider Mr Moet ($17) also in the mix?
To save you time scrolling through the CF Orr Stakes 2013 form guide we’ve done the hard work for you and below are the must know betting facts and stats on the race to help you back the winner this weekend!
2013 CF Orr Stakes Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s CF Orr Stakes winner was the undefeated Black Caviar who came off a win in the Australia Stakes at Moonee Valley, jumped from barrier five (of 9) and was ridden by Luke Nolen
- This year there’s another unbeaten sprinter looking to retain their flawless record with a CF Orr win in #6 Callanish ($8) who has also drawn last year’s winning gate (5)
- The favourite #9 All Too Hard ($2.40) also has a link to last year’s winner being Black Caviar’s younger half-brother
- As the top fancy #9 All Too Hard historically has better than a 50% chance of winning with favourites saluting in 16 of the past 30 CF Orr Stakes
- In a blow for favourite backers however no three-year-old colt or gelding resuming off a spell has won the CF Orr since it became a 1400m back in 1964
- Recent three-year-old CF Orr Stakes winners Longfella (1973), Manikato (1979), Grand Archway (1999), Redoute’s Choice (2000) and Yell (2003) all won second-up
- All Too Hard is also drawn in barrier nine which hasn’t produced a CF Orr winner in the past three decades
- While this year’s Australia Stakes winner Sea Lord isn’t backing up in the CF Orr Stakes the runner-up is with #4 Pinwheel ($6) vying for their maiden Group 1 victory
- There are five proven Group 1 winners in the race this year with #1 King Mufhasa ($4), #2 Wall Street ($31), #3 Mr Moet ($17), #5 Mawingto ($10) and #9 All Too Hard ($2.40)
- Three horses also come off a last start win with #1 King Mufhasa (Group 3 Manawatu Challenge, 1400m, Awapuni – NZ, 22/12/12), #6 Callanish (Listed Seymour Cup, 1600m, Seymour, 21/10/12) and #7 Le Remas (Listed John Dillon Stakes, 1400m, Caulfield, 26/01/13)
- Being undefeated to date #6 Callanish obviously boasts the best Win and Place rates of the field at 100%
- The next best Winning Percentages then belong to #9 All Too Hard (44.44%) and #3 Mr Moet (44.44%)
- These two also boast the highest Place Rates with #9 All Too Hard (77.78%) and #3 Mr Moet (74.07%) followed by #4 Pinwheel (70.27%) and #5 Mawingo (69.23%)
- Horses with the best record at the track are #1 King Mufhasa (5-2-0-0) whose two wins were both Group 1 races, #9 All Too Hard (1-1-0-0) who won the Caulfield Guineas here in the spring, # 6 Callanish (1-1-0-0), #7 Le Remas (2-1-0-0), #4 Pinwheel (4-1-0-1) and #8 Dance With Her (4-1-0-1)
- Over the distance the gallopers with the best record are then #1 King Mufhasa (19-6-4-2), #6 Callanish (2-2-0-0), #3 Mr Moet (5-2-2-0), #4 Pinwheel (7-2-0-1), #7 Le Remas (2-1-0-0), #8 Dance With Her (5-1-1-0) and #9 All Too Hard (2-1-1-0)
- Two horses then have a previous win over the Track & Distance with #1 King Mufhasa (2-1-0-0) and #7 Le Remas (1-1-0-0)
- In recent years mares have held the advantage with four of the past seven editions having been won by the females including the Peter Moody-trained Typhoon Tracy (2010) and Black Caviar (2012); roughie of the field #8 Dance With Her ($101) is the sole mare in this year’s race
- The most successful saddlecloth number in CF Orr Stakes history has been No. 1 which belongs this year to #1 King Mufhasa ($4) who is also drawn in the equally most successful barrier (1) which has produced six winners in the past 30 years
- The other barrier to produce six winners in the past three decades is 4 which belongs this year to #4 Pinwheel ($6)
Stay tuned to Races.com.au for our inside CF Orr Stakes betting tips to be published shortly.
Already picked your favourites for this weekend’s major and want to lock them in at the best prices? Visit bookmaker.com.au today and access all the hottest CF Orr Stakes betting odds and options while also enjoying the flexibility of being able to Pick Your Own Odds!
2013 CF Orr Stakes Field & Form Guide
Caulfield Race 7 – 4:30pm (AEST) – 09/02/2013
|1.||KING MUFHASA||B J Wallace||Michael Rodd||1||59||8yoG||49||$48,335||56: 20 7 5||35.71%||57.14%||415421|
|2.||WALL STREET||M D Moroney||Steven Arnold||6||59||8yoG||77||$41,991||38: 11 4 2||28.95%||44.74%||0x7358|
|3.||MR MOET||A G Durrant||Daniel Staeck||3||59||5yoG||39||$50,262||27: 12 6 2||44.44%||74.07%||1×1212|
|4.||PINWHEEL||Peter Snowden||Kerrin Mc Evoy||4||59||7yoG||15||$31,081||37: 12 10 4||32.43%||70.27%||411742|
|5.||MAWINGO||Anthony Freedman||Craig Williams||2||59||5yoH||140||$40,938||13: 4 1 4||30.77%||69.23%||13x08x|
|6.||CALLANISH||M G Price||Dale Smith||5||59||4yoG||111||$30,944||8: 8 0 0||100.00%||100.00%||11111x|
|7.||LE REMAS||B J Mcknight||Dean Yendall||8||59||5yoG||14||$10,506||18: 6 4 0||33.33%||55.56%||x52811|
|8.||DANCE WITH HER||D Brideoake and D Feek||Ben Melham||7||57||6yoM||119||$15,911||43: 11 10 5||25.58%||60.47%||2x520x|
|9.||ALL TOO HARD||“M, W and J Hawkes||Dwayne Dunn||9||55.5||3yoC||105||$166,578||9: 4 2 1||44.44%||77.78%||35412x|
*All odds quoted are Fixed Win from bookmaker.com.au and subject to change
*Form Guide Credit – Ladbrokes.com.au
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.