Torvill is tipped as the three-year-old filly to...
Stephen Theodore’s promising Cranbourne-based two-year-old Crack A Roadie heads the latest 2013 Blue Diamond Stakes order of entry based on prize money earned as released by the Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) this week.
The Charge Forward colt has won $177,000 in prize money for their two career ones so far and as such heads the prize money ballot for the $1 million Group 1 Patinack Farm Blue Diamond Classic (1200m) released on Monday February 4.
After a narrow win on debut at Moonee Valley in the Inglis Banner Stakes on Cox Plate Day last spring Crack A Roadie backed up a fortnight later at Flemington during the Melbourne Cup Carnival and finished a brave second just a short half-head away from Direct Charge in the Group 3 H.K.J.C. Maribyrnong Plate (1000m).
The other top eight horses in the Blue Diamond Stakes order of entry who have won $30,000 or more for being placed 1st – 5th in a flat race are:
- Marseille Roulette ($154,500) – Gai Waterhouse’s Zizou colt won their debut in the Inglis Classic on January 19 in a narrow finish, set for good things this season like their Golden Slipper placed sire
- Kuroshio ($105,400) – Exceed And Excel colt prepared by Peter Snowden, has had a trio of starts so far including their win in a Listed feature at Flemington during the spring, last seen running a first-up second in the BD Preview and contest the Prelude this weekend
- Guelph ($68,750) – Second favourite to win the Blue Diamond after improving on their Gimcrack Stakes second from last October to win the Vinery Plate at Warwick Farm on Australia Day, Snowden’s been singing them praises and the bookies have reacted accordingly
- Swing Vote ($59,550) – Waterhouse-trained Northern Meteor filly won their race debut at Warwick Farm in early January before finishing third to Blue Diamond favourite Miracles Of Life in the BD Fillies Preview on the 26th
- Resistant ($53,400) – Choisir colt prepared by last year’s Blue Diamond winning trainer Mick Price, fourth in the Merson Cooper first-up before winning at Caulfield in early December, hasn’t raced since but is right in the mix
- Everage ($51,550) – Another Zizou prodigy, this Craig Carmody-trained Sydney filly entered the mix with a Rosehill win over 1200m last Saturday in the mud but needs it wet
- Gregers ($30,000) – David Hayes-trained Commands filly enjoyed a debut win at Moonee Valley last Friday night and will only improve after the run
Blue Diamond Stakes betting at bookmaker.com.au is currently dominated by one filly who is yet to even be nominated for the race, unbeaten Adelaide speedster and Blue Diamond Preview winner Miracles Of Life paying $3.20.
Guelph is second pic at $6 followed by another yet-to-be-nominated filly, Metastasio ($7) who is another Darley contender that entered the frame with a brilliant three length win in the Listed Chairman’s Stakes (1100m) at Caulfield last Saturday.
The other two hopefuls under double figures in the latest markets are then the Peter Moody-trained Thermal Current ($8) who was third in the Blue Diamond Preview and Robert Smerdon’s improving Street Sense filly Politeness ($9.50) who sit 13th and 27th respectively in the order of entry.
There is still time for juveniles to boost their prize money earned between now and Blue Diamond Stakes Day on February 23 at Caulfield Racecourse with two of the major lead-up races taking place at the track this Saturday.
Two separate $150,000 Group 3 Blue Diamond Prelude (1100m) races will take place, one for the fillies and one for the colts and geldings, the winners of which are sure to shoot up the Blue Diamond Stakes odds.
See below for the official 2013 Patinack Farm Classic Order of Entry then head to bookmaker.com.au to place your Blue Diamond bets at the best futures prices.
2013 Blue Diamond Stakes Order Of Entry
As of 04/02/2013 – Race to run Saturday February 23, 2013 at Caulfield Racecourse
|Has won $30k or more for being placed 1st to 5th in a race on the flat|
|1||CRACK A ROADIE 2C (Stephen Theodore)||$177,000||56.5|
|2||MARSEILLE ROULETTE 2C (Gai Waterhouse)||$154,500||56.5|
|3||KUROSHIO 2C (Peter Snowden)||$105,400||56.5|
|4||GUELPH 2F (Peter Snowden)||$68,750||54.5|
|5||SWING VOTE 2F (Gai Waterhouse)||$59,550||54.5|
|6||RESISTANT 2C (Mick Price)||$53,400||56.5|
|7||EVERAGE 2F (Craig Carmody)||$51,550||54,5|
|8||GREGERS 2F (David Hayes)||$30,000||54.5|
|Has not won $30k or more for being placed 1st to 5th in a race on the flat|
|9||KONA BREEZE 2F (Peter Moody)||$38,550||54.5|
|10||OVERREACH 2F (Gai Waterhouse)||$21,600||54.5|
|Has not won $20k or more for being placed 1st to 5th in a race on the flat|
|11||GRACIOUS PROSPECT 2C (David Hayes)||$19,750||56.5|
|Has not won $15k or more for being placed 1st to 5th in a race on the flat|
|12||MOUNT ZERO 2F (David Hayes)||$27,000||54.5|
|13||THERMAL CURRENT 2C (Peter Moody)||$25,200||56.5|
|14||THE YOWIE 2C (David Hayes)||$24,600||56.5|
|15||SHAMUS AWARD 2C (Danny O’Brien)||$24,300||56.5|
|16||SWORN REVENGE 2F (John Sadler)||$20,800||54.5|
|17||I AM TITANIUM 2C (David Hayes)||$19,800||56.5|
|18||EXCITABLE BOY 2C (Danny O’Brien)||$13,200||56.5|
|19||ANNENBERG 2F (Pat Carey)||$9,000||54.5|
|20||FAST ‘N’ ROCKING 2C (David Hayes)||$7,800||56.5|
|21||QUEST FOR PEACE 2F (Peter Moody)||$5,400||54.5|
|22||CASQUETS 2F (Mark Kavanagh)||$4,500||54.5|
|23||BLUE PALACE 2F (David Hayes)||$3,150||54.5|
|24||ASTRO MISS 2F (Anthony Freedman)||$2,975||54.5|
|25||FERAL COWBOY 2G (Byron Cozamanis)||$2,400||56.5|
|26||ESSIE’S PRIDE 2F (Matthew Ellerton & Simon Zahra)||$2,250||54.5|
|27||POLITENESS 2F (Robert Smerdon)||$1,250||54.5|
|28=||BLACK TEMPTATION 2F (Byron Cozamanis)||$0||54.5|
|28=||BERRICHON 2F (Peter Snowden)||$0||54.5|
|28=||DRIFTING CUBE 2F (Mick Price)||$0||54.5|
|28=||ASSERTIVE UNION 2G (Peter Moody)||$0||54.5|
|28=||GREAT ESTEEM 2C (David Hayes)||$0||56.5|
|28=||GODIVA ROCK 2F (Mick Kent)||$0||54.5|
|28=||HARVARD GRADUATE 2C (Jason Warren)||$0||56.5|
|28=||HOME FREE 2F (Mick Price)||$0||54.5|
|28=||IL DIAMANTE 2F (Peter Moody)||$0||54.5|
|28=||JAZZ SONG 2F (Mick Price)||$0||54.5|
|28=||LA BALLERINE 2F (Mick Price)||$0||54.5|
|28=||MAJOR CONQUEST 2F (Gai Waterhouse)||$0||54.5|
|28=||MORE THAN AMEIRA 2F (Pat Carey)||$0||54.5|
|28=||MUBAKKIR 2C (David Hayes)||$0||56.5|
|28=||NORTHERN JEWEL 2C (Anthony Cummings)||$0||56.5|
|28=||PERFECT REBELLION 2C (Kevin Newby)||$0||56.5|
|28=||PRESENT GLOW 2C ( Kevin Newby)||$0||56.5|
|28=||RAZZLE DAZZLE ROCK 2C (David Hayes)||$0||56.5|
|28=||RECYCLE PRINCE 2G (Troy Portelli)||$0||56.5|
|28=||THE BOWLER 2C||$0||56.5|
|28=||THE HUMMEL 2C (Matthew Hyland)||$0||56.5|
|28=||ZAPATA FALLS 2C (John McArdle)||$0||56.5|
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.