Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Chris Waller’s promising Street Sense filly Champagne Cath has opened narrow favourite to take out next month’s 2013 Magic Millions 2YO Classic, odds on the Gold Coast feature now open at bookies around the country.
The headline race of Magic Millions Day on January 12, 2013, the $2 million Magic Millions 2YO Classic Plate (1200m) is also the richest race of the summer racing season down under.
Open exclusively to juvenile Magic Millions graduates this year’s Magic Millions Classic entries are currently sitting at 43, the highest-rated of which is Mark Riley’s Magic Millions Clockwise Classic winner at Ballarat I’m Too Sexy – a $21 chance to take out the Gold Coast edition.
It is equal sixth on the Magic Millions Classic ballot Champagne Cath, one of five entries for Sydney’s leading trainer Waller, however who is topping the pre-field Magic Millions Classic odds.
Paying $9 as the only single-figure chance the $90,000 buy from the MM 2011 Nation Weanling Sale debuted at Rosehill on December 8 and blew away her competition with an impressive three and a half length victory over the David Hayes-trained Gracious Prospect – a $51 roughie in Magic Millions Classic betting.
There are then nine other two-year-olds under $20 in the latest Magic Millions 2YO Classic betting markets, the next best-fancied of which are:
- Whittington ($11) – Tale Of The Cat colt from Gai Waterhouse’s stables, enjoyed a smashing three length win on debut in the Listed NSW Thoroughbred Breeders Plate (1000m) at Randwick in early October
- Calcatta ($13) – Robert Smerdon-trained filly, also by Tale Of The Cat, another debut winner this time narrowly over 100m at Moonee Valley in late November
- Certitude ($13) – Waterhouse’s Not A Single Doubt filly killed her trial in early November with a four length effort over 836m, stepped up to 1100m for her debut at Rosehill on November 24 and was even more impressive winning by an easy five lengths against a field of her own kind
- Missy Longstocking ($15) – Up-and-coming Brisbane filly from Liam Birchley has had two runs for two big wins to date, the first at Toowoomba by six (over 850m), the second at Eagle Farm by seven (over 1000m), runs again on Saturday in the Calaway Gal where she’ll jump favourite to stretch it out to three
- Real Surreal ($15) – Kelso Wood-trained Real Saga filly also from Brisbane, debuted at Eagle Farm in late November and held on in a close finish to win
Markets on the Magic Millions Classic 2013 could undergo a shake-up following this weekend’s racing with a number of the young fancies engaged in races around the country.
Two of the key MM lead-up races on the cards are running at Brisbane’s Eagle Farm Racecourse with the $100,000 Listed Calaway Gal Stakes and Phelan Ready Stakes both run over 1100m for the fillies and then the colts and geldings respectively.
See below for the current Magic Millions Classic odds, fixed win prices provided by our No. 1 recommended bookie bookmaker.com.au.
Ready to get in on the early summer racing action but don’t have a bookmaker.com.au account? Sign-up today quoting the code BONUSBET to have your first deposit matched dollar for dollar as a bonus bet valued up to a juicy $400!
2012 Magic Millions Classic Odds
Gold Coast Racecourse – 12/01/2013
*Fixed Win Odds Top 10 only, provided by bookmaker.com.au and subject to change
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.