Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
The Brisbane Summer Triple Crown kicks off at Eagle Farm Racecourse this Saturday with the George Moore Stakes 2012 – the insider Races.com.au betting tips and preview for which are detailed below.
Running as Eagle Farm Race 7 at 4:20pm (local time) – the $200,000 Group 3 George Moore Stakes (1200m) features a field of 13 classy sprinters, the narrow favourite being Kelso Wood’s local hopeful Belltone.
Paying $4 in the George Moore Stakes odds Belltone resumes racing on Saturday and will get the run of the race from barrier one with ace Brissie hoop Chris Munce to ride the Eye Liner Stakes – Glasshouse Handicap double winner.
It is an extremely tight George Moore Stakes betting market this year with five other runners under $10 at bookmaker.com.au.
Among the other top fancies are the likes of defending champ Adebisi ($5) and 2009 Golden Slipper champ Phelan Ready ($6) who hasn’t won a race in over three years.
With so many live-wire chances and without a clear favourite the punters are coming from the crew at Races.com.au have done the hard work for you and gone over the full George Moore Stakes field and form guide to discover where the value is at and where your money should be this Saturday.
#2 Adebisi ($5)
- Fancy Desleigh Forster’s Shovhog gelding to go back-to-back and successfully defend their George Moore title
- Lots to like about the five-year-old including their eye-catching first-up win at the track over 1000m in the wet on November 10 when beating a decent field by three lengths
- Also came off a first-up win over the 1000m at Eagle Farm when they won the George Moore 12 months ago as a $16 outsider
- Won’t get them at that price again but still okay value at $5
- Only issue could be the weight, they carried only 53kg to victory last year but have 58.5kg this time
- That’s the second biggest weight of the field and give 4.5kg to those on the minimum
#1 Phelan Ready ($6)
- Former Golden Slipper winner hasn’t won a race since the big one in April of 2009
- Doesn’t know how to win but is consistent when it comes to finishing in the money and expect them to do so again here
- Caught the eye first-up when a brave second to Steel Zip in the Listed Keith Noud Handicap at the track and distance
- Decent second-up record and should have come on since then
- Weight is the big question carrying the 59kg top-weight
#6 Excellantes ($16)
- Adds value to the George Moore Stakes trifecta here
- Prepared by the best in Rob Heathcote
- Drawn wide (barrier 13) which won’t help their chances but will be fighting in the finish
- Had a testing campaign in Melbourne during the spring, including a third on Melbourne Cup Day, but showed no ill-effects from the interstate campaign coming through their Keith Noud fifth well
- Was beaten only 2.5 lengths then when carrying 58kg, go back to 57kg here
- Good record at Eagle Farm (11-3-5-1)
- Distance also suits (15-4-4-2)
- Also plenty of experience at the track & distance with three wins, three seconds and a third from eight starts over the 1200m at Eagle Farm – that’s not bad!
Roughie We Like
#12 Emmertt ($31)
- This one is really rough, third longest price in the field, and yes there’s better horses than them but no we don’t think you should write them off completely
- Drawn wide in barrier 11 (of 13) but if they can finish off strongly at the end can threaten late
- Get in well with the weights on the 54kg
- Great record over the distance (13-5-4-2) and has had two runs at the track for a win and a third
- Comes off a first-up win back home in Roma where they won over 1000m by an easy three lengths
- Obviously go up in class for this but the drop back from 61kg to just 54kg is too notable to ignore
- Super consistent Win & Place rate of 72% – best of the field – and if they handle the class they could surprise
To get in on the Brisbane summer racing and betting action head along to our No. 1 recommended and trusted sportsbook bookmaker.com.au who have a $400 bonus welcome bet waiting for you when you deposit and quote the code BONUSBET as a new sign-up!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.