Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
This Saturday the race formerly known as the Frank Underwood Cup, the ATC Cup 2012, will take place at Sydney’s Warwick Farm Racecourse and below the crew at Races.com.au have the insider tips on the summer handicap.
Set to run as Warwick Farm Race 4 at 3:00pm (AEST) the $100,000 Listed ATC Cup (2200m) features just eight gallopers this weekend with markets led by the Chris Waller-trained Moriarty paying $2.70 to improve on their last start second over 2000m at Rosehill.
The favourite boasts an ultra consistent recent record with a trio of wins and two second place finishes from five runs and is a definite chance from barrier four with Corey Brown in the saddle.
Four of the other seven contenders are also under $10 in the current ATC Frank Underwood Stakes odds including second favourite, last-start Bendigo Cup third place-getter Fiumicino ($4.80) who has the 59kg top-weight to overcome.
So are we sticking with the top fancies in our Frank Underwood Cup tips? Or do we have a longer priced hopeful such as last start Hawkesbury winner Ward ($7) or even King Utah ($13) rated to score an upset?
#2 Moriarty ($2.70)
- Deserved favourite with an excellent recent record and overall 65% Win & Place rate
- Come off a good second over 2000m at Rosehill and should like getting up to 2200m for the first time here
- Good barrier four draw with Corey Brown to ride, Brown aboard for their opening two wins this time in
#1 Fiumicino ($4.80)
- Definite class horse in the field but the 59kg top-weight rules them out of the win for mine
- Give lots of weight to some decent rivals including 2kg to the favourite Moriarty
- 9YO veteran but still racing well
- Two back they hit the line incredibly well over 2400m when fourth (beaten half a length) in the Tattersalls Club Cup at Randwick
- Same distance last start ran third to tear-away winner Puissance De Lune (early favourite in a number of future 2013 Melbourne Cup markets) in the Bendigo Cup
- Will appreciate drop back to 2200m after three straight runs over the mile and a half
- First time over the distance and yet to place from three runs at the track
#7 King Utah ($13)
- Adds a bit of value to the ATC Cup trifecta and has genuine claims drawn one inside of Fiumicino
- Gets in on the 54kg minimum which is an advantage
- Awesome recent form with two wins and a second from three starts
- Won at Grafton (2104m) and Warwick Farm (2400m) in October before their second last start over the mile and a half (2400m) on a Slow track at Eagle Farm
- Firm ground, shorter distance and being back in Sydney will all suit them better this time
Whether you are taking us up on our Frank Underwood Stakes tips or have your own ATC Cup selections and predictions you’re keen to lock in, make sure you get the best possible price by betting online with bookmaker.com.au – the online bookie offering new customers a $400 bonus welcome bet!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.