The Chris Waller trained two year ods The...
The 2012 WA Guineas is one of three Group race features on the Ascot race card in Perth this Saturday and to help our readers back the winning three-year-old below we have a comprehensive WA Guineas form and betting preview.
Due to jump as Ascot Race 7 at 3:20pm (local time) the $350,000 Group 2 Sky Racing WA Guineas (1600m) field is at capacity with 16 starters, first emergency #17 Apocalypse Now gaining a run for jockey Nash Rawiller after the early scratching of #14 Passion Cantata.
Two horses are currently battling for favouritism in the WA Guineas odds with Luke’s Luck and Antique Belle paying $3.60 and $3.50 respectively.
The two are drawn at opposite ends of the field with Grant Williams’ stakes winning Redoute’s Choice filly Antique Belle on the rails as she looks to improve on her last start third to Fuddle Dee Duddle in the Group 3 Champion Stakes (1600m), and the Trevor Andrews-trained Luke’s Luck – stepping up in distance after a last start third to Railway Stakes favourite Luckygray in the Group 2 Lee Steere Stakes (1400m) – out wide in gate 14.
So will one of the top fancies take out the WA Guineas as King Saul did 12 months ago, or will there be an upset in the Railway Stakes Day feature from a longer-priced hopeful such as Rebelson ($12) or Dominating ($21) who ran 1-2 at the track last start?
To save you time scrolling through the WA Guineas form guide the team at Races.com.au have done the hard work for you and come up with the below must know facts and betting stats on the classic.
2012 WA Guineas Facts & Form Stats
- Last year’s WA Guineas winner was the Trevor Andrews-trained King Saul who won the race third-up after a fourth in the Fairetha Stakes, jumped from barrier 10 (of 13) and was ridden by interstate hoop Craig Williams
- This year Andrews will seek back-to-back wins saddling up #17 Apocalypse Now ($21) who has snuck into the field as the first emergency
- #17 Apocalypse Now has their third career run in the Guineas so is third-up like King Saul was and will also be ridden by a visiting jockey with Nash Rawiller in the saddle
- Last year’s winning barrier 10 was drawn by #16 Hussy By Choice ($26) who will now get to jump from that gate based on the position of the emergencies
- Horses coming off the Fairetha Stakes this year meanwhile are #4 Rebelson (1st), #7 Dominating (2nd), #17 Apocalypse Now (3rd), #8 Virtual Trader (4th), #5 Wombie’s Legacy (5th), #6 Saturday Skies (7th) and #3 El Rijes (9th)
- The Fairetha Stakes has been the best recent guide for the Guineas with 2010 winner Playing God also having run second in that race leading up to their Guineas triumph two years ago
- Along with Fairetha Stakes winner #4 Rebelson ($12) there are two other last-start winners in the Guineas field this year with #10 Fuddle Dee Duddle (Group 3 Champion Stakes, 1600m, Ascot, 17/11/2012) and #9 Antoccino (3YO Maiden, 1600m, Pinjarra, 11/11/2012)
- Two horses boast the equal best Win Rate in the field with #4 Rebelson and #8 Virtual Trader ($34) both having won 50% of their starts to date followed by #11 Darlington Abbey (44.44%)
- The highest Place Percentages meanwhile belong to the two emergencies with both #17 Apocalypse Now (now assured of a run) and $301 outsider #18 Helder The Painter yet to finish out of the money in their short careers; they are followed by #2 Academus (83.33%), #7 Dominating (80%) and #13 Antique Belle (80%)
- Horses that have the best record at Ascot are #1 Luke’s Luck (8-3-2-1), #10 Fuddle Dee Duddle (12-4-1-3), #11 Darlington Abbey (6-2-1-1), #4 Rebelson (2-1-0-0), #3 El Rijes (9-2-0-0) and #13 Antique Belle (3-1-0-1)
- Horses with previous winning form over the distance (1600m) are then #3 El Rijes (1-1-0-0), #4 Rebelson (2-1-0-0), #9 Antoccino (2-1-1-0) and #10 Fuddle Dee Duddle (1-1-0-0) who is also the only one in the field to have won over the Track & Distance
Stay tuned to Races.com.au for our insider WA Guineas betting tips to be published shortly.
Already have your selections picked out and want to back them at the guaranteed best prices?
Visit our No. 1 recommended online bookie bookmaker.com.au for access to all the best Perth Summer Racing Carnival odds and enjoy a $400 bonus bet as a new depositing customer when you use the code BONUSBET!
2012 WA Guineas Field & Form Guide
Ascot Race 7 – 3:20pm (local time) – 24/11/2012
|1.||LUKE’S LUCK||T M Andrews||Shaun Mc Gruddy||14||56.5||3yoC||14||$66,744||8: 3 2 1||37.50%||75.00%||411×23|
|2.||ACADEMUS||Peter Snowden||Kerrin Mc Evoy||7||56.5||3yoG||14||$28,717||6: 1 3 1||16.67%||83.33%||223×14|
|3.||EL RIJES||D T Mcauliffe||Peter Hall||6||56.5||3yoR||14||$10,581||14: 3 0 0||21.43%||21.43%||541049|
|4.||REBELSON||D T Mcauliffe||Jason Whiting||4||56.5||3yoG||14||$17,394||8: 4 0 2||50.00%||75.00%||x13311|
|5.||WOMBIE’S LEGACY||J J Miller||William White||9||56.5||3yoG||14||$13,491||11: 4 0 1||36.36%||45.45%||119×55|
|6.||SATURDAY SKIES||E A Martinovich||JARRAD NOSKE||11||56.5||3yoG||14||$7,125||12: 2 3 1||16.67%||50.00%||2×3687|
|7.||DOMINATING||N D Parnham||Brad Parnham||13||56.5||3yoG||14||$28,010||5: 2 1 1||40.00%||80.00%||11×032|
|8.||VIRTUAL TRADER||Brett Pope||Glenn Smith||8||56.5||3yoG||14||$9,408||6: 3 1 0||50.00%||66.67%||9×2114|
|9.||ANTOCCINO||C H Webster||Troy Turner||3||56.5||3yoG||13||$2,879||8: 1 2 1||12.50%||50.00%||462321|
|10.||FUDDLE DEE DUDDLE||L Smith||Paul Harvey||12||54.5||3yoF||7||$21,629||14: 4 2 4||28.57%||71.43%||320371|
|11.||DARLINGTON ABBEY||Simon Miller||Shaun O’Donnell||18||54.5||3yoF||7||$36,833||9: 4 1 2||44.44%||77.78%||x31234|
|12.||KEEPER QUIET||D S Pearce||Glen Boss||2||54.5||3yoF||7||$31,250||6: 1 3 0||16.67%||66.67%||122×89|
|13.||ANTIQUE BELLE||Grant Williams||William Pike||1||54.5||3yoF||7||$24,302||5: 2 0 2||40.00%||80.00%||3×1713|
|14.||PASSION CANTATA||P H Jordan||SCRATCHED||16||54.5||3yoF||7||$12,345||10: 3 1 2||30.00%||60.00%||121507|
|15.||BIPPO NO BUNGUS||N D Parnham||Steven Parnham||17||54.5||3yoF||7||$9,857||7: 2 2 0||28.57%||57.14%||0x2102|
|16.||HUSSY BY CHOICE||Simon Miller||Patrick Carbery||10||54.5||3yoF||7||$9,020||5: 2 0 0||40.00%||40.00%||11595|
|17.||APOCALYPSE NOW||T M Andrews||Nash Rawiller||5||56.5||3yoG||14||$4,550||2: 0 1 1||0.00%||100.00%||23|
|18.||HELDER THE PAINTER||Aaron Morton||Not Notified||15||56.5||3yoG||16||$810||1: 0 0 1||0.00%||100.00%||3|
*Fixed Win odds provided by bookmaker.com.au and subject to change
*Form Guide Credit – Ladbrokes.com.au
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.