Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Following the release of the 2012 Railway Stakes barriers earlier this week, odds on the horses in this Saturday’s edition of Perth’s richest race have changed notably and below we take a look at the latest odds and markets for the Ascot feature.
Gino Poletti’s defending champ, Luckgray having won the $1 million Group 1 Carlton Draught Railway Stakes (1600m) 12 months ago on protest, remains the favourite albeit at an easing price.
After drawing wide in barrier 12 the 58kg topweight has drifted out from their opening Railway Stakes odds of $3 to $4 – the last-start Group 2 Lee Steere Stakes winner out to become just the second dual Railway Stakes winner in history and the first since Miss Muffet (1987-88).
The second line of Railway Stakes betting is then occupied by Ranger who has come in from $6.50 to $6 after the Grant Williams-trained galloper drew barrier 10 for their six-year-old debut on Saturday.
Other notable Railway Stakes market firmers include:
- Gai Waterhouse’s Epsom Handicap winning Sydneysider Fat Al ($9 into $7)
- Recent Asian Beau Stakes winner Westriver Kevydonn ($26 into $17) who ran fifth in the Lee Steere last time out
- The Graham Yuill-trained Maschino ($10 into $9) coming off a Group 3 win in the RJ Peters Stakes (1500m)
Meanwhile other horses that have eased out in their Railway Stakes price along with the favourite include the Michael Moroney-trained Wall Street ($10 out to $11) and triple Group 1 winning mare Yosei ($13 out to $15).
Check out the complete Railway Stakes movers and shakers below.
For an online bookie that is always 100 percent transparent when it comes to price fluctuations on the races you’re betting on head to bookmaker.com.au.
Right now bookmaker.com.au are also offering an exclusive bookmaker.com.au offer to new sign-ups that make their first investment and quote the code word BONUSBET.
2012 Railway Stakes Betting Market Moves
Ascot Race 9 – 4:35pm (local time) – 24/11/2012
- #1 Luckygray – $3 out to $4
- #2 Fat Al – $9 into $7
- #3 Playing God – Steady at $15
- #4 Wall Street – $10 out to $11
- #5 Yosei – $13 out to $15
- #6 Westriver Kevydonn – $26 into $17
- #7 Lords Ransom – Steady at $101
- #8 Battle Emblem – Steady at $101
- #9 God Has Spoken – $34 into $31
- #10 King Saul – Steady at $17
- #11 Maschino – $10 into $9
- #12 Mr Moet – $201 into $41
- #13 Niblick – Steady at $21
- #14 Ranger – $6.50 into $6
- #15 Rosie Rocket – $16 out to $18
- #16 Zester – Steady at $151
- #17e Shamardashing – $41 out to $51
- #18e Our Ol’ Fella – $41 out to $51
*All odds quoted are Fixed Win from bookmaker.com.au and subject to change
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.