Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Fat Al will be looking to continue his successful spring campaign when he runs in the Group 1 Emirates Stakes at Flemington Racecourse tomorrow November 10, 2012.
The four-year-old will run in the $1 million race on the back of a winning performance in the Group 1 Epsom Handicap last start.
His only real query in the 2012 Emirates Stakes will be the track, with Fat Al never before running the Melbourne way of going, having had all his starts in New South Wales.
However, with Fat Al’s evident talent, it would be no surprise if took home the prize once again in the 2012 Emirates Stakes.
Read on below and decide for yourself whether Fat Al can take out this year’s Emirates Stakes on the final day of the Melbourne Cup Carnival.
#1 Fat Al– Horse Facts
- Jockey: Tommy Berry
- Trainer: Gai Waterhouse
- Barrier: 5
- Owners: Ms K Waterhouse, Mrs L M Bruhn, A W Bruhn, Mrs L J Bruhn, S W Bruhn, P A Mills, Ms D M Mills, The Agents Racing Synd, Recurpen Synd & Blue Demon Synd
- Age: 4YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Al Maher out of Fatoon
- Win: 60%
- Win and Place: 90%
- Last 6: 11×231
- Prize Money: $656,250
- Career: 10-6-2-1
- Track: 0-0-0-0
- Distance: 3-2-1-0
- Current 2012 Emirates Stakes Odds: $7.50
Why Fat Al Can Win 2012 Emirates Stakes
- Fat Al has never finished worse than second over the 1,600 metre distance.
- He is coming off a win in the Group 1 Epsom Handicap last start.
- He has drawn perfectly in barrier five.
Why Fat Al Can’t Win 2012 Emirates Stakes
- It will be the first time Fat Al runs at Flemington Racecourse.
Would you like to claim a bonus bet worth up to $400 to use on the 2012 Emirates Stakes or any other spring feature you please?
Just open a bookmaker.com.au account and enter the promo code BONUSBET when you join to be eligible.
Then to use your bonus to back Fat Al in the Emirates Stakes, make sure you sign up with bookmaker.com.au today.
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.