Solzhenitsyn will have the opportunity to win his second Group 1 when he lines up for the 2012 Emirates Stakes this Saturday at Flemington Racecourse.
The six-year-old has won 11 of his 25 race starts and has earned more than $600,000 in prize money.
Solzhenitsyn won the Group 1 Toorak Handicap two starts back, before being unlucky to place third in the Group 2 Crystal Mile last start.
The St Petersburg gelding appears on song to continue his successful spring campaign in the 2012 Emirates Stakes this weekend.
Keep reading to ensure you are up to date with all the Solzhenitsyn facts and form prior to the $1 million Emirates Stakes.
#4 Solzhenitsyn – Horse Facts
- Jockey: Corey Brown
- Trainer: Robert Heathcote
- Barrier: 2
- Owners: Mr P A Willetts, Mr J Capo, Mr D J Gabbedy, Mr L K Nash, Mrs C N Taylor, Mr A R Watkins
- Age: 6YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by St Petersburg out of Tri Victory
- Win: 44%
- Win and Place: 76%
- Last 6: 1×1313
- Prize Money: $620,015
- Career: 25-11-2-6
- Track: 0-0-0-0
- Distance: 5-3-0-2
- Current 2012 Emirates Stakes Odds: $6
Why Solzhenitsyn Can Win 2012 Emirates Stakes
- He has never finished outside the placings at this distance.
- He is in top form going into the race.
- He has already won at Group 1 level.
- He has drawn well in barrier two.
Why Solzhenitsyn Can’t Win 2012 Emirates Stakes
- He will be carrying the equal top weight of 58 kilograms.
- Solzhenitsyn is untested at Flemington Racecourse.
Don’t miss out on claiming top odds for the 2012 Emirates Stakes, just make sure you open an account with our favourite online bookie bookmaker.com.au in time for the race this spring!
Enter the promo code BONUSBET when you join to be eligible for a bonus bet worth up to $400!
So sign up to bookmaker.com.au now and start winning.