Zydeco’s win in the 2012 Wakeful Stakes on Saturday saw her rocket into clear favouritism for the Group 1 2012 Crown Oaks (2500m) at Flemington on Saturday.
The Zabeel filly is only lightly raced by has been targeted at the race all spring and her Wakeful win showed she is hitting form at the right time.
Prior to the Wakeful Stakes she finished third in the Thousand Guineas and trainer Anthony Freedman is confident she can show her best on Thursday.
Freedman described Zydeco as a “lovely filly” and suggested she may have more improvement heading into Saturday.
“She’s just kept lifting each time and hopefully she can do it again,” Freedman said.
So can Zydeco justify her short price in the three-year-old staying race on Thursday? Keep reading for the key stats as well as the pros and cons regarding this rising star in the Oaks.
#2 Zydeco – Horse Facts
- Jockey: Kerrin McEvoy
- Trainer: Anthony Freedman
- Barrier: 7
- Owners: Sheikh Mohammed
- Age: 3YO
- Gender: Filly
- Breeding: by Zabeel out of All Time High
- Win: 40%
- Win and Place: 60%
- Last 6: 61531
- Prize Money: $243,315
- Career: 5-2-0-1
- Track: 2-1-0-0
- Distance: 0-0-0-0
- Current 2012 Melbourne Cup odds: $2.00
Why Zydeco Can Win 2012 Crown Oaks
- Progressive filly who has been targeted at the race
- Won crucial lead-up the Wakeful Stakes convincingly
- Bred to stay being by Zabeel
- Winning strike rate of 40%
- Has won at the track
Why Zydeco Can’t Win 2012 Crown Oaks
- Still raw, had only five career starts
- Can she back up he outstanding win in the Wakeful
Think Zydeco can continue her form in the Oaks? Fancy more of an outside chance? Whoever you are backing, visit bookmaker.com.au to access sensational Crown Oaks odds.
Quote the code BONUSBET when joining today to take advantage of their outstanding $400 bonus bet offer!