Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Unusual Suspect will have to produce an incredible turn around in form to be a challenger in the 2012 Melbourne Cup that will be run at Flemington Racecourse at 3pm tomorrow.
The veteran stayer is attempting to become the first nine-year-old to win the Melbourne Cup as well as the first triple figure roughie to claim the race since Old Rowley in 1940.
The son of Unusual Heat finished a credible ninth in the 2011 Melbourne Cup but has failed to fire this campaign.
He finished over eight lengths behind Midnight Martini in the Cranbourne Cup (2025m) before battling away to finish fifth in the Moonee Valley Cup (2500m) at his last start.
Unusual Suspect is the extreme outsider of the field and is currently available at odds of $301 at bookmaker.com.au.
Keep reading to find out if Unusual Suspect has any chance at causing the biggest boil over in Melbourne Cup history.
#22 Unusual Suspect – Horse Facts
- Jockey: Glyn Schofield
- Trainer: Michael Kent
- Owners: P Lord, S Rose, Baltimore Racing Synd, B Oakley, Ewart-Johnstone Winning Edge Synd, B Abrams, ATB Davidson Synd, B Bannister, Ms L Huddy & I Hicks
- Gender: Entire
- Breeding: by Unusual Heat out of Penpont
- Win: 13%
- Place: 34%
- Last 6: 8×9005
- Prize Money: $1,497,502
- Track: 1:0-0-0
- Distance: 2:0-0-0
- Current 2012 Melbourne Cup odds: $301
Why Unusual Suspect Can Win the 2012 Melbourne Cup
- Has previous Melbourne Cup experience.
- Mature stayer who won’t get overwhelmed by the noisy Flemington crowd.
Why Unusual Suspect Can’t Win the 2012 Melbourne Cup
- Hasn’t run a place in his last thirteen starts.
- Has never won in Australia.
- Lead-up form has been very disappointing.
- Outclassed in such a high quality field.
You can place all your Melbourne Cup 2012 bets at bookmaker.com.au.
Quote the code BONUSBET when making your first deposit to receive a welcome bet worth up to $400 that you can use to back the winner in the 2012 Melbourne Cup.
Sign-up at bookmaker.com.au today and claim the $400 welcome bet instantly!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.