Mourayan will have his chance to run in the Melbourne Cup 2012 tomorrow after being a late scratching from the race in last year’s event.
The seven-year-old has won four of his 32 race starts and has earned more than $1.5 million in prize money during his horse racing career.
Mourayan has been in top form this spring, winning his most recent race start in the Group 3 Craven Plate at Royal Randwick last month.
The Alhaarth entire will be looking to secure victory in the prestigious race while he is currently injury free and in good form.
Below you will find the latest information on Mourayan and all the facts you’ll need to make an informed betting decision this Melbourne Cup Day.
#16 Mourayan – Horse Facts
- Jockey: Hugh Bowman
- Trainer: Robert Hickmott
- Owners: N C Williams, Mr & Mrs L J Williams, V Sammartino, A L & Mrs B A Green, B N Singer, P Mehrten & M S Gudinski
- Age: 7YO
- Gender: Entire
- Breeding: by Alhaarth out of Mouramara
- Win: 13%
- Place: 41%
- Last 6: x9x421
- Prize Money: $1.5 million
- Track: 8-1-2-0
- Distance: 1-0-0-1
- Current 2012 Melbourne Cup odds: $26
Why Mourayan Can Win the 2012 Melbourne Cup
- He is a last start winner, having claimed victory in the Group 3 Craven Plate.
- He is proven over the distance and has won at Flemington Racecourse.
- Mourayan will carry the light weight of 53.5 kilograms.
Why Mourayan Can’t Win the 2012 Melbourne Cup
- He will be stepping up in distance from his last start run over 2,000 metres.
- He may be caught up in traffic after drawing barrier three.
Bookmaker.com.au are offering a bonus bet worth $400 to spend on the 2012 Melbourne Cup or any spring start you may choose.
This bet can be split into as many as four equal bonus bets, so you can have four times to fun with bookmaker.com.au.
So sign up and start winning today!