Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Luca Cumani may have one of the Melbourne Cup 2012 favourites with Mount Athos but the leading international trainer has warned not to rule out his second chance My Quest For Peace.
“He’s going to run a mighty race,” Cumani said.
“I’m very happy with My Quest For Peace’s quality of work and he seems to be in top form.”
It’s hard to argue with the well-regarded Cumani and the five-year-old entire has certainly shown impressive lead-up form.
But will the Melbourne Cup be a quest too big? Keep reading for the key stats and the reasons to back or sack My Quest For Peace ahead of the Melbourne Cup.
#17 My Quest For Peace – Horse Facts
- Jockey: Corey Brown
- Trainer: Luca Cumani
- Barrier: 1
- Owners: Oti Racing (MGRS: S O’DONNELL & T HENDERSON), J Higgins, M Tripp, A Tripp, T Carroll, P Bartholomew, P Barnett, Menon Dugal Synd, Glenlogan Park Stud & Uthmeyer Racing
- Age: 5YO
- Gender: Entire
- Breeding: by Galileo out of Play Misty For Me
- Win: 45%
- Win and Place: 67%
- Last 6: 240115
- Prize Money: $357,347
- Career: 12-5-1-2
- Track: 0-0-0-0
- Distance: 0-0-0-0
- Current 2012 Melbourne Cup odds: $17.00
Why My Quest For Peace Can Win the 2012 Melbourne Cup
- Brings good overseas form here, won convincingly twice in the UK before his Caulfield Cup fifth
- Will improve off the Caulfield Cup run
- Lovely wright of 53.5kg
- Good winning strike rate of 45%
- Caulfield Cup run showed he has travelled well enough
Why My Quest For Peace Can’t Win the 2012 Melbourne Cup
- Is he too dour? Didn’t show a turn of foot at Caulfield
- Barrier 1 a problem?
- Yet to race at track or distance
Got your winner picked for the Melbourne Cup? Don’t miss great odds, sign up at bookmaker.com.au today.
Open a new account quoting the code BONUSBET when joining today for a huge Melbourne Cup betting boost with their $400 bonus bet offer!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.