Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Highly progressive stayer Tac De Boistron heads into the 2012 Melbourne Cup looking to continue the recent French dominance of the race.
The son of Take Risks is now trained by Victorian Mick Kent and made his Australian debut in the 2012 Geelong Cup (2400m) finishing sixth, well over seven lengths behind winner Gatewood.
The six-year-old gelding has produced some strong performances in French staying races and won the Prix Maurice De Nieuil (2800m) at his last start before coming to Australia.
The Australian Thoroughbred Bloodstock Syndicate obviously saw some potential in Tac De Boistron but is the French galloper good enough to win the 2012 Melbourne Cup?
Read on below to see how Tac De Boistron stacks up against other Melbourne Cup contenders.
#19 Tac De Boistron – Horse Facts
- Jockey: Olivier Doleuze
- Trainer: Michael Kent
- Owners: Australian T’bred B’stock, Merlin B’stock, Greggie Synd, G Ferguson, G Connell, SCG Racing, I Johnson, New Era Racing, Boistron Cheval, Goulburn Valley Synd, D Lyall, R De Maria, Govan & Young Synd, M Eastmure, D Love, Y Xie, P Brittain, Twinspired Racing, The Boys Tron Legacy & G Peirson-Jones
- Age: 6YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Take Risks out of Pondiki
- Win: 19%
- Place: 33%
- Last 6: 3521×6
- Prize Money: $320,303
- Track: 0: 0-0-0
- Distance: 0: 0-0-0
- Current 2012 Melbourne Cup odds: $61
Why Tac De Boistron Can Win the 2012 Melbourne Cup
- Has experience in long staying races
- European horses coming out of the Geelong Cup have an excellent record in the Melbourne Cup
Why Tac De Boistron Can’t Win the 2012 Melbourne Cup
- Was disappointing in the Geelong Cup.
- Prefers softer ground.
- Has drawn an outside barrier and may get trapped wide.
You can find the Melbourne Cup 2012 odds at bookmaker.com.au
Quote the code BONUSBET when making your first deposit to receive a welcome bet worth up to $400 that you can use to back the winner in the 2012 Melbourne Cup.
Sign-up at bookmaker.com.au today and claim the $400 welcome bet instantly!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.