Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Connections of veteran stayer Precedence are hoping that it will be third time lucky in the 2012 Melbourne Cup.
The Zabeel gelding has run in the past two Melbourne Cups, finishing eighth in 2010 and a gutsy eleventh, after leading for most of the race, in 2011.
The seven-year-old heads in ‘the race that stops a nation’ in decent form having run an unlucky fourth behind Vatuvei in the Moonee Valley Cup (2500m) at his last start.
Cups King Bart Cummings said that Precedence has been setting career best times in trackwork and believes the wide barrier will not stop him if he is good enough.
Precedence is sure to be carrying a great deal of sentimental money tomorrow but is he a realistic chance in the 2012 Melbourne Cup?
#21 Precedence – Horse Facts
- Jockey: Blake Shinn
- Trainer: Bart Cummings
- Owners: Dato Tan Chin Nam, Sir P Hogan, The Dowager Duchess Of Bedford & B A Schroder
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Zabeel out of Kowtow
- Win: 16%
- Place: 30%
- Last 6: x41064
- Prize Money: $1,025,220
- Track: 8:1-1-0
- Distance: 4:0-0-0
- Current 2012 Melbourne Cup odds: $101
Why Precedence Can Win the 2012 Melbourne Cup
- Trained by Bart Cummings who has won the Melbourne Cup on twelve occasions.
- Was unlucky in the Moonee Valley Cup.
Why Precedence Can’t Win the 2012 Melbourne Cup
- Has never finished in the placing’s in four attempts at 3200m.
- Horses who have previously failed in the Melbourne Cup don’t usually come back and win.
- Has drawn an outside barrier and may get trapped wide.
- Faces tougher competition than he has in previous Melbourne Cup’s.
If you think the Cups Kings can do it again why not backed Precedence at bookmaker.com.au?
Quote the code BONUSBET when making your first deposit to receive a welcome bet worth up to $400!
Sign-up at bookmaker.com.au today to receive the best Melbourne Cup 2012 odds from the 100% Australian owned and operated bookie.
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.