Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Glencadam Gold will be looking to get his spring carnival back on track with a win in the Group 1 Melbourne Cup at Flemington tomorrow November 6, 2012.
The Refuse To Bend gelding was unbeaten across his first four starts this spring, however, was not at his best in the Group 1 Caulfield Cup last start when finishing 15th of 18 runners.
Glencadam Gold has drawn barrier seven for the 2012 Melbourne Cup and will be ridden by jockey Tommy Berry.
It will be the first Melbourne Cup appearance for Berry, who will be hoping for beginner’s luck tomorrow.
Can Glencadam Gold rebound from his last start defeat? Check out the facts below and make your mind up for yourself.
#13 Glencadam Gold – Horse Facts
- Jockey: Tommy Berry
- Trainer: Gai Waterhouse
- Owners: K Wood, Team McDonnell, R Smith, Paul McClure, B Pang, Bongiorno Herron, G Diamond, Fesen Pty Ltd, B Stracey & U K Stayers
- Age: 5YO
- Gender: Entire
- Breeding: by Refuse To Bend out of Sandrella
- Win: 46%
- Place: 23%
- Last 6: x11110
- Prize Money: $474,000
- Track: 0-0-0-0
- Distance: 0-0-0-0
- Current 2012 Melbourne Cup odds: $41
Why Glencadam Gold Can Win the 2012 Melbourne Cup
- He is the right age to win a Melbourne Cup, with 44 of the 151 Melbourne Cup winners being five-year-olds.
- He has one of the top winning percentages in the field at 46 per cent.
- His early form this spring was exceptional, with his The Metropolitan win suggesting he may be able to handle the distance.
Why Glencadam Gold Can’t Win the 2012 Melbourne Cup
- He finished at the tail of the field in the Caulfield Cup last start, which is traditionally a good form guide for the Melbourne Cup.
- He has never been trailed over 3,200 metres, nor has he ever run at Flemington Racecourse.
Bookmaker.com.au is the place to visit if you want to take advantage of the great odds available for the remainder of the spring racing carnival, including the Melbourne Cup.
Not only do they feature fantastic 2012 Melbourne Cup odds , but also great 2012 Victoria Derby and Crown Oaks prices as well.
So sign up to today and start experiencing betting the way it should be and to take advantage of bookmaker.com.au’s fantastic betting offers!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.