Maluckyday will have the hopes of the nation on his shoulders as Australia looks for a local winner in the 2012 Melbourne Cup.
The six-year-old has won five of his 17 race starts and has earned more than $1.3 million in prize money.
Maluckyday may have a variety of feature titles to his name, however, he has not won a race in the past 24 months.
Despite this, the Zabeel gelding is currently fifth favourite to win the 2012 Melbourne Cup and is the best backed of the Australian runners.
His most recent result was a fifth placing in the Group 3 Geelong Cup at Geelong Racecourse on October 24th.
Maluckyday is currently paying odds of $13 to win the $6 million race at bookmaker.com.au.
#15 Maluckyday – Horse Facts
- Jockey: Jim Cassidy
- Trainer: Michael, Wayne and John Hawkes
- Owners: N Moraitis A M
- Age: 6YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Zabeel out of Natalie Wood
- Win: 29%
- Last 6: 8×8025
- Prize Money: $1.3 million
- Track: 3-1-2-0
- Distance: 1-0-1-0
- Current 2012 Melbourne Cup odds: $13
Why Maluckyday Can Win the 2012 Melbourne Cup
- He has proved himself at the Melbourne Cup distance.
- He loves Flemington, and has never finished any worse than second in his three starts there.
- He has drawn barrier nine.
- Well-weighted with 53.5 kilograms.
Why Maluckyday Can’t Win the 2012 Melbourne Cup
- Has not won a race in over two years.
- Maluckyday does not have the form of the European stayers.
- He will be up against one of the toughest Melbourne Cup fields in history.
Make sure you open bookmaker.com.au account prior to Tuesday’s Melbourne Cup.
The top online bookmaker are offering bonus bets worth up to $400 to new customers who enter the exclusive promo code BONUSBET when they join today.
Would you like to be sharing in the spring racing carnival riches, well just join bookmaker.com.au today to find out how!
So sign up and start winning now!