Mount Athos will be having the first Australian start of his career when he runs in the 2012 Melbourne Cup this Tuesday.
The Montjeu gelding has won all three of his race starts this campaign and will look to continue his flawless preparation in the 2012 Melbourne Cup.
Mount Athos is trained at Newmarket by Luca Cumani, who will be attempting to win his first Melbourne Cup title with the horse.
The five-year-old will be taking on the 3,200 metre distance for the first time in his career, with his longest win to date being over 2,800 metres.
Check out the information below to see how Mount Athos fares against the other Melbourne Cup horses.
#8 Mount Athos – Horse Facts
- Jockey: Ryan Moore
- Trainer: Luca Cumani
- Owners: Dr M Koukash
- Age: 6YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Montjeu out of Ionian Sea
- Win: 35%
- Last 6: 4x111x
- Prize Money: $236,046
- Track: 0-0-0-0
- Distance: 0-0-0-0
- Current 2012 Melbourne Cup odds: $7.50
Why Mount Athos Can Win the 2012 Melbourne Cup
- He is from the highly successful Luca Cumani stable.
- Mount Athos is in top form going into the Melbourne Cup, winning all three of his starts this preparation.
- He has been kept fresh for his Cup run, which will work to his advantage.
- He has drawn well in barrier eight.
Why Mount Athos Can’t Win the 2012 Melbourne Cup
- He has never won over the 3,200 metre distance.
- Mount Athos will be having his first run at Flemington Racecourse.
Don’t miss out on claiming top odds for the 2012 Melbourne Cup, just make sure you open an account with our favourite online bookie bookmaker.com.au in time for the race this Tuesday!
Back Mount Athos to win the Cup, or just check out the Melbourne Cup 2012 odds available now!
Enter the promo code BONUSBET when you join to be eligible for a bonus bet worth up to $400!
So sign up to bookmaker.com.au now and start winning.