Americain has retained his favouritism for the 2012 Melbourne Cup after drawing barrier 12 for the race in two days’ time.
The seven-year-old will have to contend with an impressive line-up of 24 runners in the field, including last year’s winner Dunaden.
However, Americain has proven himself in the Melbourne Cup before and remains the $5 favourite at bookmaker.com.au to win the $6 million event.
Co-owner Gerry Ryanwas thrilled to have drawn what he feels is the perfect barrier for Americain in the 2012 Melbourne Cup.
“Great barrier draw, we’re very happy,” Ryan said.
“The horse is in great condition, Stephanie’s (Nigge) the most relaxed I’ve seen her because she knows the horse is right to go.
“We’re going to be very competitive.”
#2 Americain – Horse Facts
- Jockey: Damien Oliver
- Trainer: Alain de Royer Dupre
- Owners: G T & Mrs V J Ryan, K L & Mrs C O Bamford
- Age: 8YO
- Gender: Entire
- Breeding: by Dynaformer out of America
- Win: 33%
- Last 6: 26x6x4
- Prize Money: $5.92 million
- Track: 3-1-0-3
- Distance: 2-1-0-0
- Current 2012 Melbourne Cup odds: $5
Why Americain Can Win the 2012 Melbourne Cup
- He has won the Melbourne Cup before and can handle the distance and track
- His last start run in the Caulfield Cup was full of merit
- He has multiple Melbourne Cup winning jockey Damien Oliver aboard
Why Americain Can’t Win the 2012 Melbourne Cup
- He has not won a race this year
- He will have to become only the sixth horse to win the Melbourne Cup on more than once occasion
Would you like to make the most of the 2012 Melbourne Cup this spring racing carnival?
Enter the promo code BONUSBET when you join to be eligible for a bonus bet worth up to $400!
You can even use this bonus to back Americain in the 3,200 metre Cup, or any other horse you may choose.
So sign up to bookmaker.com.au now and start winning.