Dunaden is set to defend his Melbourne Cup crown when he lines up at Flemington Racecourse this Tuesday November 6, 2012.
The Nicobar entire will have to contend with a wide barrier in the 2012 Melbourne Cup, after drawing gate 16 for Tuesday’s race.
However, owner Sheikh Fahd Al Thani is unconcerned with Dunaden’s barrier draw and is confident the six-year-old can take out the $6 million race.
“Dunaden is a champion ridden by a champion and his trainer is a champion,” the Sheikh said.
“I think he is the right horse to do it and the barrier (16) is perfect.”
The Sheikh believes that Red Cadeaux, who finished second to Dunaden by the smallest margin in the Melbourne Cup’s long history last year, is their biggest competition.
“But this is not an easy task and Red Cadeaux is the horse I fear most,” he said.
Dunaden is so far unbeaten in Australia, with his last run resulting in a dominant win of the $2.5 million Caulfield Cup.
#1 Dunaden – Horse Facts
- Jockey: Craig Williams
- Trainer: Mikel Delzangles
- Owners: Pearl Bloodstock Ltd
- Age: 7YO
- Gender: Entire
- Breeding: by Nicobar out of La Marlia
- Win: 29%
- Last 6: 3326×1
- Prize Money: $7.08 million
- Track: 1-1-0-0
- Distance: 1-1-0-0
- Current 2012 Melbourne Cup odds: $7
Why Dunaden Can Win the 2012 Melbourne Cup
- He is proven at the track and distance
- He is currently unbeaten across his three starts in Australia
- His won the Caulfield Cup last start and is obviously in top form
- He will be partnered by top jockey Craig Williams in the race
Why Dunaden Can’t Win the 2012 Melbourne Cup
- Only five horses have ever won the Melbourne Cup more than once
- He will have to carry top weight of 60 kilograms
Make sure you open an account with our favourite online bookie bookmaker.com.au in time for the race this Tuesday!
Enter the promo code BONUSBET when you join to be eligible for a bonus bet worth up to $400!