Queensland colt Sizzling will be out to return to the winner’s circle when he lines up in a strong field in the Group 1 2012 Coolmore Stud Stakes (1200m) at Flemington this Saturday.
The Kelso Wood-trained youngster starred at the Brisbane winter carnival with four straight victories including at Group 1 level in the TJ Smith.
He ran home strongly for fourth in the Blue Sapphire in his first spring hitout but can he match it with the likes of Snitzerland and Nechita down the Flemington straight this Saturday?
Keep reading for the key race stats about this talented Queensland colt and for the pros and cons as to whether he can beat the best three-year-old sprinters in the country in the Coolmore Stud Stakes.
#1 Sizzling – Horse Facts
- Jockey: Chris Munce
- Trainer: Kelso Wood
- Owners: D H T Devine, Mrs D M Devine, M C Power, Mrs D M Power, N Morgan, Mrs J G Morgan & L R Matthews
- Age: 3YO
- Gender: Colt
- Breeding: by Snitzel out of Admirelle
- Win: 56%
- Win and Place: 78%
- Last 6: 1111×4
- Prize Money: $808,750
- Track: 0-0-0-0
- Distance: 5-2-1-0
- Current 2012 Coolmore Stud Stakes odds: $4.80
Why Sizzling Can Win the 2012 Coolmore Stud Stakes
- Group 1 winner in Queensland
- Ran home strongly first-up, to finish fourth and half a length behind winner Snitzerland
- Accomplished at the distance with two wins and a second from five starts
- Will take improvement out of the first-up run
- Has experienced jockey Chris Munce on who knows the horse well
Why Sizzling Can’t Win the 2012 Coolmore Stud Stakes
- Will the Queensland form hold up on the biggest stage of the Melbourne Spring Carnival?
- Will get back, can he catch the likes of Snitzerland or will he be a strong minor placing?
- Yet to race down the Flemington straight
Think this colt can knock off the gun fillies on Saturday? Then ensure you are getting access to great odds by betting at bookmaker.com.au.
Quote the code BONUSBET when opening a new account to give your Derby Day betting a boost with their $400 bonus bet offer!