The Doomben Cup 2018 takes centre stage in...
The countdown to 2012 Victoria Derby Day is nearly over, a bumper day which features four Group 1 races including the 2012 Myer Classic.
The $500,000 event is restricted to mares and there are plenty of contenders including Red Tracer from the Chris Waller stable.
She’s proven herself a consistent mare throughout her career to date but has so far been unable to secure a Group 1 win.
Will this weekend be the one she breaks through? Or is she destined to be a horse that is just not quite good enough in the top grade?
For the stats that matter about Red Tracer in the Myer Classic and the reasons where she’ll shine or flop keep reading for our full run down.
#4 Red Tracer – Horse Facts
- Jockey: Corey Brown
- Trainer: Chris Waller
- Owners: G Grimish & Mrs M Grimish
- Age: 5YO
- Gender: Mare
- Breeding: by Dane Shadow out of Kisma
- Win: 43%
- Win and Place: 81%
- Last 6: 514×13
- Prize Money: $820,010
- Track: 1-0-0-0
- Distance: 2-0-0-1
- Current 2012 Myer Classic odds: $9.00
Why Red Tracer Can Win the 2012 Myer Classic
- Super consistent mare who has finished top three in 81% of starts
- Has had a great lead-up, won the Premiere Stakes first-up and finished third in the Tristarc Stakes
- Drawn well in barrier six
Why Red Tracer Can’t Win the 2012 Myer Classic
- Beaten nine lengths in her only start at Flemington
- Yet to win from two tries at the distance
- Is she a true Group 1 mare? Yet to win from five starts in the top grade
Whoever you like in the Myer Classic, the best place to back a winner is bookmaker.com.au.
Quote the code BONUSBET when joining to give your spring betting a huge boost with their $400 bonus bet offer!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.