Recently inducted Hall Of Fame trainer Chris...
Alcopop will be out to win his first race of 2012 when he runs in the Group 1 Mackinnon Stakesat Flemington Racecourse tomorrow.
The eight-year-old looked the winner down the final straight in the $2.5 million Caulfield Cup last start before being taken over in the final stages by classy galloper Dunaden.
With that run, Alcopop proved that his age is no barrier and that he is in career best form going into the 2012 Mackinnon Stakes.
His biggest obstacle to winning the 2012 Mackinnon Stakes appears to be Ocean Park, who is on track to remain unbeaten this spring after his Cox Plate victory last start.
#3 Alcopop – Horse Facts
- Jockey: Craig Williams
- Trainer: Jake Stephens
- Owners: J A Stephens, J P & Mrs S K Kelton, Ms A Kelton, G D & Mrs H R Gillam, P Kelton, Ms A J McLaren, P Mackie & Ms S Pourbozorgi
- Age: 8YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Jeune out of Iota Of Luck
- Win: 28%
- Win and Place: 44%
- Last 6: 789722
- Prize Money: $1.08 million
- Track: 3-0-0-0
- Distance: 9-2-2-0
- Current 2012 Mackinnon Stakes odds: $5
Why Alcopop Can Win the 2012 Mackinnon Stakes
- He is in top form, with two huge Group 1 second placings under his belt.
- He has won over this distance on two previous occasions.
Why Alcopop Can’t Win the 2012 Mackinnon Stakes
- He has never won or placed at Flemington Racecourse, despite having three attempts.
- He will have to face weight-for-age champion Ocean Park in the race.
bookmaker.com.au is your one stop shop for betting this spring racing carnival.
The 100% Australian owned and operated bookie is giving away a bonus bet worth up to $400 to new customers who sign up today and enter the exclusive promo code BONUSBET.
Just deposit between $25 and $400 into your new account and you will receive a bonus valued at 100% of that amount.
So sign up to bookmaker.com.au and start winning on races like the 2012 Mackinnon Stakes this weekend!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.