Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Stuart Webb’s triple Group 1 winner Yosei hasn’t won since July 2011 but her pure talent means she can’t be ruled out ahead of Saturday’s Group 1 2012 Myer Classic (1600m) at Flemington.
The five-year-old is a genuine Group 1 performer on her day and signalled that she might be coming into form when running third in the Toorak Handicap on Caulfield Guineas Day.
Webb is looking to the Flemington track as a key reason to be confident ahead of her latest spring outing, suggesting it should suit her “get back, run on” style.
“If there’s one track she should be suited at it should be Flemington,” Webb said.
So will Yosei finally return to the winners circle this weekend? Keep reading for the key stats as well as reasons to back or sack Yosei this weekend.
#3 Yosei – Horse Facts
- Jockey: Glen Boss
- Trainer: Stuart Webb
- Owners: J W Pittard, R Mcclure & P Mcclure
- Age: 5YO
- Gender: Mare
- Breeding: by Invincible Spirit out of Fuji Fairy
- Win: 14%
- Win and Place: 28%
- Last 6: x06783
- Prize Money: $1,186,875
- Track: 8-0-0-1
- Distance: 10-1-0-2
- Current 2012 Myer Classic odds: $8.50
Why Yosei Can Win the 2012 Myer Classic
- More than up to the class of the race, is a triple Group 1 winner
- Big track at Flemington should suit
- Drew barrier one so should be able to lob into a good spot on the fence
- Was good last start when third in the Toorak Handicap
Why Yosei Can’t Win the 2012 Myer Classic
- Hasn’t won since July 2011
- Winning strike rate of just 14%
- Comes up against some genuine, in-form competition.
Think Yosei can break the drought this weekend? Fancy another horse? Whoever you like, the best place to back a winner is bookmaker.com.au, the fully Australian-owned bookie with a $400 bonus bet offer for new customers!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.