Anthony Freedman has the Brisbane Winter Racing...
Flying filly Snitzerland has been one of the stars this spring to date with four consecutive victories and she’ll be out to increase that streak to five when she contests the Group 1 2012 Coolmore Stud Stakes (1200m) at Flemington on Saturday.
From everything she has shown so far she deservedly starts as one of the favourites but could it be one run too many for the Gerald Ryan-trained youngster?
Jockey Corey Brown doesn’t think so.
“She’s going to be the number one horse in the field that I can see,” Brown said.
“She’s just one of those horses that is tough as nails.”
Ryan has even hinted she could be destined for the 2012 Patinack Farm Classic against the older horses if she can again impress this weekend.
Not sure whether to back Snitzerland in the Coolmore Stud Stakes this weekend? Keep reading for the stats that matter as well as key reasons as to whether Snitzerland will be standing in the winner’s stall or having her first fall of the spring this weekend.
#9 Snitzerland – Horse Facts
- Jockey: Corey Brown
- Trainer: Gerald Ryan
- Owners: Encompass Bloodstock Synd (MGR: S B MCCANN) & Werrett Bloodstock Pty Ltd Synd (MGR: N R J WERRETT)
- Age: 3YO
- Gender: Filly
- Breeding: by Snitzel out of Monte Rossa
- Career: 9-:6:2:0
- Win: 67%
- Win and Place: 89%
- Last 6: 2X1111
- Prize Money: $1.33 million
- Track: 3-2-1-0
- Distance: 7-5-1-0
- Current 2012 Coolmore Stud Stakes odds: $3.80
Why Snitzerland Can Win the 2012 Coolmore Stud Stakes
- Outstanding winning percentage of 67 %
- Has been one of the stars of the spring, winning her last four
- Has won twice and finished second once from three starts at Flemington
- Has already beaten a lot of the field so far this spring
- Experienced at the distance, with five wins and a five wins and a second from seven 1200m races
Why Snitzerland Can’t Win the 2012 Coolmore Stud Stakes
- Has been up a long time, rare for horses to win this many races
- Seemed to be tiring before rallying late to win the Blue Sapphire last start
Think Snitzerland can extend her winning streak this weekend? Fancy one of the other chances? Whoever you like, get great odds on the Coolmore Stud Stakes by betting at bookmaker.com.au.
Quote the code BONUSBET when joining prior to this weekend’s bumper meeting to give yourself a huge boost with their $400 bonus bet offer!
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.