Nechita lost some of her hype when failing as favourite in the Golden Rose but she is still considered the one to beat in Saturday’s Group 1 2012 Coolmore Stud Stakes (1200m) at Flemington.
The John Thompson-trained three-year-old is a $3.60 favourite to win what will be her first race since the Golden Rose where she was trodden on.
“She had four stitches in a leg, it was a pretty deep wound, but she just had to have treatment for a week so we gave her 10 days in the paddock,” Thompson said of the Golden Rose incident.
A jump-out at Flemington on Tuesday left many confident she can return to her best this weekend when she takes on the likes of Snitzerland and Queensland colt Sizzling.
Think this boom filly is good enough to taste Group 1 glory on Saturday? Or will it simply be another case of unjustified hype? Keep reading for all the key facts as well as the reasons to back or sack this daughter of Fastnet Rock in the Coolmore Stud Stakes this weekend.
#11 Nechita – Horse Facts
- Jockey: Christian Reith
- Trainer: John Thompson
- Owners: Patinack Farm Racing (MGR: N L TINKLER)
- Age: 3YO
- Gender: Filly
- Breeding: by Fastnet Rock out of Artistique
- Career: 3-2-0-0
- Win: 67%
- Win and Place: 67%
- Last 6: 1×16
- Prize Money: $130,000
- Track: 0-0-0-0
- Distance: 1-1-0-0
- Current 2012 Coolmore Stud Stakes odds: $3.60
Why Nechita Can Win the 2012 Coolmore Stud Stakes
- A very talented filly which was evident in her first two starts
- Impressed in a jump-out down the straight on Tuesday, should be no problem
- Won her only previous start at the distance
Why Nechita Can’t Win the 2012 Coolmore Stud Stakes
- Has it all come too early?
- Meets plenty of more experienced horses
- Still don’t know how good she is
Fancy Nechita in the Coolmore Stud Stakes? Snitzerland? Sizzling? Another horse? It doesn’t matter who you fancy, ensure you are getting great odds by betting at bookmaker.com.au, home of the $400 bonus bet offer!