Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Dual Group 1 winning mare Streama has opened favourite in a relatively open Myer Classic 2012 betting market for the popular Victoria Derby Day showdown, the Sydneysider after her second Melbourne win on the trot this spring.
There is a quintet of former Group 1 winners in this year’s edition of the $500,000 Group 1 Myer Classic (1600m) with Stratum four-year-old Streama the best fancied to add another elite level to her title at Flemington on the weekend.
Winner of 2011 Flight Stakes and this year’s Australian Oaks in her home state, Streama will be out for her first Group 1 win in Victoria.
The bookies like her for it too with bookmaker.com.au installing her at the top of their Myer Classic odds paying $3.40 out from $3.20.
Five other horses are under $10 in the Myer Classic betting markets with:
- #2 Secret Admirer ($5.50) – Hasn’t won a race since last year’s Epsom but is always honest and will appreciate the drop back in class and distance after running 11th (beaten 5.5 lengths) in the Caulfield Cup over the mile and a half last time out
- #4 Red Tracer ($7.50) – Group 2 winning Chris Waller-trained mare has been in top form this time in with a first-up victory in the Premiere Stakes before her close third to Streama in the Tristarc
- #3 Yosei ($8) – Three time Group 1 champ looked on track for another win when running a brave third (beaten under a length) to Solzhenitsyn in the Toorak Handicap over the Caulfield mile last time out, flying in track work this week
- #6 Pear Tart ($8) – Tattersall’s Tiara winner last seen running a second-up second to Streama, sees the mile for the first time but third-up and Flemington will both suit
- #11 Soft Sand ($8.50) – Four-year-old Dansili mare wasn’t far off them when beaten two lengths in the Tristarc, ready to improve on that and should handle the mile nicely
Check out the full Myer Classic betting odds in the table below, prices provided by our No. 1 online bookie bookmaker.com.au.
Fancy a punt on the fillies and mares this weekend but don’t have a bookmaker.com.au account?
Join today quoting the promo code BONUSBET when you make your first deposit and you will also be able to enjoy a bonus bet valued up to a generous $400 on the house!
2012 Myer Classic Odds
Flemington Race 7 – 3:45pm (AEST) – 03/11/2012
|2||SECRET ADMIRER (2)||5.50|
|4||RED TRACER (6)||7.50|
|6||PEAR TART (8)||8.00|
|10||OASIS BLOOM (5)||15.00|
|11||SOFT SAND (12)||8.50|
|13||FULL OF SPIRIT (11)||19.00|
*Fixed Win odds provided by bookmaker.com.au and subject to change
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.