Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
The bumper two-day 2012 Cox Plate Carnival kicks off tonight at Moonee Valley and one of the most exciting races on the card is the Group 2 2012 Fillies Classic (1600m).
It features a mixture of fillies who have coem through the usual spring features such as the Thousand Guineas as well as a number of emerging hopefuls.
Topping the market is Greg Eurell’s Love For Ransom ($3.00) who at one stage was Thousand Guineas favourite after a stunning win at Moonee Valley last month.
Not far behind are progressive Peter Moody-trained filly Mareeza ($4.00) and Adelaide’s Thousand Guineas fifth Stella Lante ($4.40).
Not sure who to back in this exciting mile race under lights? Keep reading as the Races.com.au experts have been hard at work analysing the form to bring you our very best selections.
#4 Stella Lante $4.40
- Coming off a fifth-placing in the Thousand Guineas, will get the distance
- Won once and placed four times from seven starts
- Suited to the track, just went under to Love For Ransom here last month
- Drawn well in barrier three
#5 Mareeza $4.00
- Progressive filly who has been building nicely towards this
- Third at Caulfield two starts back before running second to Cavalry Rose in Group 3 Thoroughbred Club Stakes
- The successful Peter Moody-Luke Nolen combination
#12 Volume One $16.00
- Had just the one start but showed promise with a third over 1200m at Cranbourne
- Drawn well in barrier six and Craig Newitt will ensure she is given every chance
- Worth the each-way gamble she can make the rise in class and distance at the price
This is one of the biggest racing weekends of the year so if you have got a winner picked ensure you are getting access to great odds by betting with bookmaker.com.au.
Bookmaker.com.au is fully Australian owned and new customers can get a huge Cox Plate betting boost this weekend by taking advantage of their $400 bonus bet offer!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.