Tomorrow is 2012 Cox Plate day which presents a bumper Moonee Valley card and one of the key support races to the main event is the Group 2 2012 Crystal Mile (1600m).
Just seven horses will line up but it is a quality field with dual Group 1 winner Rangirangdoo heading the market at $3.30.
It is a genuine log jam at the top of the market with Epsom Handicap runner-up Ambidexter hot on Rangirangdoo’s tail at $3.80 and Solzhenitysn ($4.00) and Silent Achiever ($4.40) also with strong claims.
It is unlikely that the winner will come from outside the top four with the others in the market the Leon Corstens-trained Tokugawa ($19.00), Bart Cummings’ Illo ($41.00) and long-shot outsider Spacecraft ($81.00).
If you can’t work out who to back in this exciting Cox Plate support race don’t worry as the Races.com.au experts have been hard at work to bring you our winning selections.
#2 Solzhenitsyn $4.00
- Fourth-up and fit here after three strong runs
- Won at home in Brisbane for finishing third in the G1 Sir Rupert Clarke and winning the Toorak
- Big, strong horse who has carried big weights in Brisbane so WFA is no problem
- Has won five of his last eight starts
- At his best distance of 1600m
#1 Rangirangdoo $3.30
- Proven weight-for-age performer
- Dual Group 1 winner
- Ran second to Cox Plate runner Shoot Out in the George Main first-up
- Has won four time at the distance including winning this race in 2009
#7 Silent Achiever $4.40
- Talented New Zealand mare, won the G1 NZ Derby before finishing third in the Rosehill Guineas
- Has only missed a place twice from 10 starts
- Has won over the distance
- Drawn well in barrier two
Agree with our selections? Fancy some of your own picks? Whoever you like ensure you are getting access to great odds by betting at bookmaker.com.au.
Home of the $400 bonus bet offer, bookmaker.com.au is fully Australian owned and has a wide range of products to suit your spring betting needs.