Betting for the 2018 Group 1 $700,000 Altus...
Normally a Cox Plate placegetter backing up for their second crack at the title would receive plenty of interest but there’s been little hype about Rekindled Interest heading into Saturday’s 2012 Cox Plate.
This is partly due to his indifferent form in the lead-up to Australia’s premier weight-for-age race but it is common knowledge that Rekindled Interest is a different proposition when he gets to the valley.
The five-year-old son of Redoute’s Choice glides around the tight corners at Moonee Valley making it a no-brainer for trainer Jim Conlan to again throw him into the pressure cooker environment of the Cox Plate.
Not sold that the Valley will rekindle this talented gelding’s spark and get him into the winner’s circle? Need more info? Keep reading as we have compiled a comprehensive run down of the stats that matter as well as the pros and cons of Rekindled Interest’s chances in the Cox Plate.
#5 Rekindled Interest– Horse Facts
- Jockey: Dwayne Dunn
- Trainer: Jim Conlan
- Owners: Pinecliff Racing Syndicate (MGR: J B MUNZ)
- Age: 5YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Redoute’s Choice out of Rekindled Affair
- Career: 19-3:2:3
- Win: 16%
- Win and Place: 42%
- Last 6: 25X030
- Prize Money: $899,700
- Track: 6-2:0:2
- Distance: 6-1:0:2
- Current 2012 Cox Plate Odds: $26.00
Why Rekindled Interest Can Win the 2012 Cox Plate
- Loves Moonee Valley, with two wins and two minor placings from six starts at the track
- Has won at track and distance in the 2010 Moonee Valley Vase
- Been there done that, finished third last year
- Drawn barrier one allowing him to get a nice run along the fence
Why Rekindled Interest Can’t Win the 2012 Cox Plate
- Winning strike rate of just 16%, last win was last September
- Well below his best this time in work, beaten five lengths in his last start in the Turnbull
- In his last four starts he has finished behind a number of horses who he competes against on Saturday
Think Rekindled Interest can overcome recent poor form and win the Cox Plate? Fancy another chance? Whoever you like, get great odds at bookmaker.com.au!
Sign up in time for the Cox Plate this weekend quoting the code BONUSBET and take advantage of their huge $400 bonus bet offer!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.