Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
He’s the Lloyd Williams big gun charged with the task of taking down the Gai Waterhouse’s stars and he heads into the 2012 Cox Plate in brilliant form.
In a glowing endorsement for Green Moon, Craig Williams jumped off boom colt Pierro to assume the mount.
Williams said at the barrier draw earlier this week that if he “had to go war with a horse” he’d go with Green Moon which suggests he is the right type of horse for the high pressure environment of the Cox Plate.
“He’s one of those horses that does everything I ask of him, he’s in great form winning the Turnbull Stakes last start, he handles the track and he is very, very tough,” Williams said.
“This is a very good Cox Plate field but I feel he is the right horse.”
But it is not simply a done deal for the tough-as-nails entire with still a few queries remaining over his Cox Plate credentials.
Keep reading for a full run down key stats and the pros and cons surround Green Moon’s chances in this Saturday’s $3 million Moonee Valley feature race.
#4 Green Moon– Horse Facts
- Jockey: Craig Williams
- Trainer: Robert Hickmott
- Owners: N C Williams, Mr & Mrs L J Williams
- Age: 5YO
- Gender: Stallion
- Breeding: by Montjeu out of Green Noon
- Career: 18-6:3:0
- Win: 33%
- Win and Place: 50%
- Last 6: x1x521
- Prize Money: $1,085,096
- Track: 2-0-1-0
- Distance: 6-4-1-0
- Current 2012 Cox Plate Odds: $4.60
Why Green Moon Can Win the 2012 Cox Plate
- He’s been aimed at the race and progressed nicely, finishing second in the Dato’ Tan Chin Nam Stakes and winning the Turnbull
- Tough, robust type who is likely to be suited to the Cox Plate
- Finishes in the top three 50 % of the time
- Distance suits, has won four of six
- Gun barrier five draw
- Craig Williams has given him the seal of approval and will give put him in the right position to win the race
Why Green Moon Can’t Win the 2012 Cox Plate
- Yet to prove himself at weight-for-age
- Question mark over the Turnbull formline, with both December Draw (3rd) and Voila Ici (4th) struggling in the Caulfield Cup
Whether you are backing Green Moon, Pierro, More Joyous or any other horse in the Cox Plate this weekend, sign up to bookmaker.com.au and back a winner!
As a new customer signing up today you can take advantage of their $400 bonus bet offer simply by quoting the code BONUSBET!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.