Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
At $51.00 Glass Harmonium is one of the longest-priced runners in the 2012 Cox Plate field but can he bounce back to his best and return to the winner’s circle on the big stage this weekend?
The Michael Moroney-trained entire has had barrier troubles throughout his career but nobody can deny he is a classy performer when he brings his A-game.
The problem could be which Glass Harmonium shows up on the day and he hasn’t won since last year’s Mackinnon Stakes.
So will the winner of more than $1 million in prizemoney return to the winner’s circle this weekend? Keep reading for some important stats as well as the reasons to back or sack him for the Cox Plate.
#3 Glass Harmonium – Horse Facts
- Jockey: James McDonald
- Trainer: Michael Moroney
- Owners: R & C Legh Racing P/L, G G Syndicate Ltd, N Griffin, M Pejic, J O’Neill, R Scheriani, R Smith, B Mathieson, J Kennedy & Raise Your Glass Syndicate
- Age: 7YO
- Gender: Stallion
- Breeding: by Verglasout of Spring Symphony
- Career: 26-5:5:2
- Win: 19%
- Win and Place: 46%%
- Last 6: x47x49
- Prize Money: $1,347,183
- Track: 1-0-0-0
- Distance: 11-3-1-2
- Current 2012 Cox Plate Odds: $51.00
Why Glass Harmonium Can Win the 2012 Cox Plate
- A Group 1 winner at weight-for-age in last year’s Mackinnon Stakes
- His pet distance, having won three times and placed on another three occasions at the trip
- Drawn well in barrier 2
Why Glass Harmonium Can’t Win the 2012 Cox Plate
- Hasn’t won in almost a year
- Has barrier troubles, guessing game whether he misses the start or not
- Failed in his only other trip to the Valley, finishing 10th in last year’s Cox Plate
- Is coming off a ninth-place finish in the Toorak Handicap
- Has a winning strike rate of just 19%
Think Glass Harmonium can overcome his barrier problems and score Cox Plate victory? Fancy another chance? Whoever you are backing be sure you get access to great odds by betting at bookmaker.com.au.
Open an account quoting the code BONUSBET to give your Cox Plate betting a boost with their $400 bonus bet offer!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.