Wyong trainer Stephen Farley will saddle up Sincero for a second attempt at the Cox Plate after the talented gelding finished ninth last year.
Farley believes he has learnt plenty since last year and his stable star heads into the race with strong form behind him having won the Memsie Stakes, finished fifth in the Underwood Stakes and third in the Caulfield Stakes.
“Last year was a very big learning curve for both the horse and myself, he came off a long campaign through the Brisbane and Sydney carnival,” Farley said.
“This year we’ve just focused on the one race and that’s been the focus all the way.”
Sincero is a $31.00 chance to redeem himself this year and to help you work out whether he can overcome the odds we have compiled the key stats as well as the pros and cons surrounding his Cox Plate endeavour.
#2 Sincero – Horse Facts
- Jockey: Michael Rodd
- Trainer: Stephen Farley
- Owners: G De Vries, P Walker, M Murphy, Mindshore Synd Pty Ltd, I Turbet, D Chappelow, S Mcleish, K Duggan, R Poot, S N Johnson
- Age: 5YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Umatilla out of Yours As Always
- Career: 25-12:1:1
- Win: 48%
- Win and Place: 56%
- Last 6: 54×153
- Prize Money: $1,780,975
- Track: 1-0-0-0
- Distance: 4-0-0-1
- Current 2012 Cox Plate Odds: $31.00
Why Sincero Can Win the 2012 Cox Plate
- A dual Group 1 winner
- Terrific winning strike rate of 48%
- Blinkers on, same gear change that he had before winning first Group 1 win in 2011 Stradbroke Handicap
- Won the Memsie last month, a proven Cox Plate formline
- Has been set for the Cox Plate all year
Why Sincero Can’t Win the 2012 Cox Plate
- Question marks over running a strong 2000m, yet to win at the distance
- Struggled in his first attempt at the Cox Plate last year
- Drawn wide in barrier 12
No matter who you are backing in the Cox Plate this weekend, ensure you are getting access to great odds by betting at bookmaker.com.au.
Enter the code BONUSBET when joining today to give your Cox Plate betting a boost with their $400 bonus bet offer!