Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Peter Moody has three stayers engaged for the Caulfield Cup 2012 including promising import Sneak A Peek and while they’re not the favourite Moody-trained hopeful below we take a look at the pros and cons of backing this double figure chance.
Moody has one of the strongest hands he has ever had in the $2.5 million Group 1 BMW Caulfield Cup (2400m) this year as the premiership winning trainer looks to score his first victory in the famous mile and a half handicap.
The top fancy of Moody’s trio in the Caulfield Cup odds at bookmaker.com.au is betting market mover Lights Of Heaven ($10) followed by Sneak A Peek ($17) and then Underwood Stakes runner-up Voila Ici ($21) looks great value.
While Voila Ici has already made a name for themselves down under Sneak A Peek is yet to finish top three down under.
The Doyen five-year-old has raced three times on Aussie soil since arriving from Italy, their most recent effort being a seventh when defeated four lengths by Cox Plate fancy Green Moon in the Group 1 Turnbull Stakes (2000m) at Flemington on October 6.
So will Caulfield Cup Day be their day?
Is there evidence to suggest Sneak A Peek can sneak into a top three finish, or even win the Caulfield Cup?
Or are they one of the horses to rule out when placing your Caulfield Cup bets online at bookmaker.com.au?
#14 Sneak A Peek – Horse Facts
- Jockey: Glen Boss
- Trainer: Peter Moody
- Owners: Mr G L Huddy, Mrs L F Huddy
- Age: 5YO
- Gender: Stallion
- Breeding: by Doyen (IRE) out of Shantou (USA) mare Occhi Di Giada
- Career: 14-6-2-1
- Win: 42.86%
- Place: 64.29%
- Prize Money: $295,759
- Track: 1-0-0-0
- Distance: 2-1-0-0
- Current 2012 Caulfield Cup Odds: $17)
Evidence For a Caulfield Cup 2012 Win by Sneak A Peek
- To be ridden by triple Melbourne Cup winning jockey Glen Boss
- Should be on the improve now with three Aussie runs to their name
- Gets up to the 2400m for the first time here which they will appreciate
- In a Group 2 over 2211m in Italy last September they defeated fellow Caulfield Cup hopefuls Jakkalberry ($15) and Voila Ici
- Nicely weighted with 53kg and will come into a good gate (9) which is actually the most successful barrier in Caulfield Cup history (along with 4) producing eight winners
- Comes off a Turnbull 7th, a race last year’s Caulfield Cup winner Southern Speed was unplaced in last year in the lead-up to her Group 1 success
- Decent winning strike rate of 42.86%
Evidence Against Sneak A Peek Winning the 2012 Caulfield Cup
- Peter Moody is yet to win a Caulfield Cup and this probably isn’t his best chance on Saturday
- This horse needs to improve on their recent runs to beat this field
- Are they up to this class? Perhaps not yet
Whether it is a double-figure chance like Sneak A Peek or one of the shorties in the markets you will get the guaranteed best Caulfield Cup odds by betting online with bookmaker.com.au.
Even better, enjoy a $400 bonus bet on the Caulfield Cup by opening a new bookmaker.com.au account, making your first deposit and quoting the code BONUSBET today!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.