Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Secret Admirer has not won since the 2011 Epsom Handicap and there would no bigger stage than to break her drought than in Saturday’s Group 1 2012 Caulfield Cup (2400m).
Trainer Grahame Begg has said that the five-year-old mare has been crying out for a longer trip all spring and she will certainly get that this weekend.
Her last start was a fifth place effort in the Epsom (1600m) and this weekend she will attempt to become the second straight Australian mare to win the Caulfield Cup after Southern Speed did so last year.
So can this dual Group 1 winner who has been costly to many punters finally break her drought? Keep reading for the important stats as well as reasons for and against Secret Admirer winning the Caulfield Cup.
#13 Secret Admirer
- Jockey: Brenton Avdulla
- Trainer: Grahame Begg
- Owners: Milburn Creek Thoroughbred Stud Syndicate (MGR: J L MUIR)
- Age: 5YO
- Gender: Mare
- Breeding: by Dubawi out of Secret Illusion
- Career: 20-3-5-7
- Win: 15%
- Place: 60%
- Prize Money: $1,191,530
- Track: 0-0-0-0
- Distance: 0-0-0-0
- Current 2012 Caulfield Cup Odds: $26.00
Why Secret Admirer Can Win the 2012 Caulfield Cup
- Has won twice at Group 1 level
- Drawn well midfield (11), which will come into 10 following emergencies dropping out
- Should be speed on upfront allowing her to run on
- Brenton Avdulla returns to ride, the same jockey who has ridden her in all three career wins
- Carries just 53kg
Why Secret Admirer Can’t Win the 2012 Caulfield Cup
- Has not won in her last 12 starts
- Is one dimensional, can only win if the race is run at a genuine tempo
- First race at Caulfield
- First try at the distance and a rise of 800m since last start
Think Secret Admirer can defy the odds and claim the Caulfield Cup? Then ensure you are getting a great value price by betting at bookmaker.com.au.
Be rewarded with their $400 bonus bet offer as a new customer simply by joining today quoting the code BONUSBET!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.