While the big one in Melbourne this Saturday is the highly-anticipated Group 1 Caulfield Cup there are still plenty of other races taking place at the Caulfield meeting to tie the punters over including the Caulfield Sprint 2012, the Races.com.au team’s insider tips for which are detailed below.
There are 11 sprinters engaged to face off in Caulfield Race 6 at 2:40pm (AEST) on Saturday, the $220,000 Group 2 Perri Cutten Caulfield Sprint (1100m), the favourite of which is the resuming Con Karakatsanis-trained Ramornie Handicap winner Howmuchdoyouloveme ($3.30) drawn ideally in gate two.
They are followed by three other single figure hopefuls with early market mover Thankgodyou’rehere ($4) coming off a brave first-up third to Buffering in the Group 2 AJ Moir Stakes (1200m), Group 1 Stradbroke Handicap winner Mid Summer Music ($8) and the Peter Snowden-trained Commands mare Altar ($9).
Having gone over the 2012 Caulfield Sprint field and form the Races.com.au tipsters have come up with the below selections for you to lock in at bookmaker.com.au this Caulfield Cup Day.
#7 Howmuchdoyouloveme ($3.30)
- Favourite is hard to go past here but they do have to step up in class in their toughest career test to date
- Deserve top spot in the markets but still at a backable price
- Gun draw in barrier two and should get the run of the race
- Is lightly-raced but ultra impressive so far with four wins from five starts
- Last seen winning the Listed WHK Ramornie Handicap (1200m0 in Grafton
- Gets in on just 54.5kg meeting topweight Mid Summer Music 4kg better in the weights
#1 Mid Summer Music ($8)
- Four time winner at Caulfield from seven starts
- Should be fitter after a first-up eight in the Gilgai
- Second-up record is good (4-2-1-0)
- Consistent Win & Place rate 72%
- Is a Group 1 winner
- Has to carry the 58.5kg topweight and jump from barrier 10 – both cons that rule her out of the win for us
- She may struggle on the firmer track however as prefers the give out of the ground in the rain
#3 Thankgodyou’rehere ($4)
- Hasn’t seen Caulfield before so will need to handle that
- Second-up here and their second-up record is credible (6-2-1-1)
- First-up run was outstanding when third to Group 1 performer Buffering at Moonee Valley
- Gets the draw (3) and the jockey (Glen Boss)
- Will like coming back to this distance (5-2-2-0)
Whether you are backing or sacking our Caulfield Race 6 selections make sure you get the odds you deserve by betting online with bookmaker.com.au.
Right now is the perfect time to discover the benefits of this 100 percent Aussie owned bookie as they are giving away a bonus bet valued up to a juicy $400 to all new depositing players that quote the promo code BONUSBET this season!