Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
She is one of three chances in the Caulfield Cup 2012 for trainer Peter Moody to break his duck in the Melbourne Spring Racing Carnival classic but can early Caulfield Cup betting market mover Lights Of Heaven become a dual Group 1 winner on Saturday?
Moody is preparing to saddle up three horse in this year’s edition of the $2.5 million Group 1 BMW Caulfield Cup (2400m), running as Caulfield Race 8 at 4:05pm (AEST) on Saturday, the shortest-priced of which is Zabeel mare Lights Of Heaven.
Having been heavily supported since the Caulfield Cup barrier draw on Wednesday after coming up with gate eight (into seven), five-year-old Lights Of Heaven has firmed into an $11 shot in the Caulfield Cup betting odds at bookmaker.com.au.
“It is a lovely gate for her and she travels in the first half dozen on an even speed, in the first three if they walk, and she can slide back and settle if they want to go fast. She’s in great condition,” Moody said.
Lights Of Heaven was a Group 1 winner at three but can she do it again and win the biggest race of her life in the 2012 Caulfield Cup?
Having gone over the Caulfield Cup form guide and betting history below are the pros and cons of backing this Moody mare for the big one this weekend.
#12 Lights Of Heaven – Horse Form
- Jockey: Luke Nolen
- Trainer: Peter Moody
- Owners: Mrs J M Wanless
- Age: 5YO
- Gender: Mare
- Breeding: by Zabeel (NZ) from Volksraad (GB) mare I’m In Heaven (NZ)
- Career: 17-6-3-2
- Win: 35.29%
- Place: 65.71%
- Last 6: 211093
- Prize Money: $993,688
- Track: 3-0-1-1
- Distance: 1-1-0-0
- Current 2012 Caulfield Cup Odds: $11
Yes – Lights Of Heaven Can Win the 2012 Caulfield Cup Because….
- She is the Caulfield Cup betting market mover into $11 so word is she is worth backing but she is not the favourite
- Staying out at double-figures works in her favour as five of the past six Caulfield Cup winners jumped at $10 or more
- Nicely bred being a daughter of Zabeel
- Has a good Win Rate of 35.29%
- Is a Group 1 winner having taken out the Schweppes Oaks in March last year
- Dual Cups winner during the winter winning both the Group 2 Eagle Farm Cup (2200m0 and the Group 2 Brisbane Cup (2400m)
- Only run over the 2400m was in the Brisbane Cup making her undefeated over the distance
- Ran a good third last time out in the Group 2 Hill Stakes (2000m) in Sydney beaten less than a length carrying 57kg
- Drops back to 53kg here, ideal weight as 17 of the past 20 Caulfield Cup winners have carried 54.5kg or less
- Yet to win at the track but has recorded two minor placings from three starts
- Ideal barrier eight draw, into seven with emergencies out, giving her options
No – Lights Of Heaven Won’t Win the Caulfield Cup 2012 Because….
- Trainer Peter Moody and jockey Luke Nolen have never won the Caulfield Cup
Seen enough to suggest Lights Of Heaven has what it takes to score an upset Caulfield Cup result this weekend?
Whatever horse you’re backing this Caulfield Cup Day make sure you lock in the best prices by betting online with bookmaker.com.au who are also offering exclusive Pick Your Own Odds for the Caulfield Cup 2012!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.