Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Jakkalberry will be attempt to score victory in one of Australia’s biggest races when he has his start on Australian soil in Saturday’s Group 1 2012 Caulfield Cup (2400m).
The Australian-owned globetrotter is one of a number of international stayers chasing success in both the Caulfield and Melbourne Cups and arrives on the back of a dominant win in the American St Leger at Arlington in August.
The six-year-old has reportedly settled into Australia well and will be ridden by Irish jockey Colm O’Donoghue.
For the pros and cons about Jakkalberry in the Caulfield Cup as well as some important statistics, keep reading as the Races.com.au team are here to bring you a full analysis.
#3 Jakkalberry – Horse Facts
- Jockey: Colm O’Donoghue
- Trainer: Marco Botti
- Owners: Australian Thoroughbred Bloodstock (MGR D DANCE), T Porter, S Duke, M Casey, D Mclennan, Scg Racing Pty Ltd (MGR S GEREAUX), Merlin B’Stock (MGR J RICHARDS), D Love, G Gereaux, M Johnston, M Eastmure, P Brittain, S Davidson, Y Xie
- Age: 6YO
- Gender: Stallion
- Breeding: by Storming Home out of Claba Di San Jore
- Career: 24-10:2:3
- Last 6: 33x51x
- Current 2012 Caulfield Cup Odds: $15.00
Why Jakkalberry Can Become the 2012 Caulfield Cup winner
- Is coming off a strong win in the American St Leger
- Is a proven travelling horse
- Has won at Group 1 level in Italy over the 2400m distance
- Has successful international jockey Colm O’Donoghue aboard
- Has won first-up on a number of other occasions
Why Jakkalberry Can’t Become the 2012 Caulfield Cup winner
- Yet to race in Australia, still an unknown proposition
- Many horses new to Caulfield can struggle to adapt coming around the bend in a big field
To back Jakkalberry or any other Caulfield Cup runner at great odds, be sure to visit bookmaker.com.au.
Quote the code BONUSBET when joining to make the most of your Caulfield Cup betting by taking advantage of their $400 bonus bet offer which can be split up to four ways!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.