Betting for the 2018 Group 1 $700,000 Altus...
John O’Shea-trained gelding Lightinthenite is favourite to win the Group 3 2012 David Jones Cup (1200m) which stands as a key support race on the Caulfield Cup card this Saturday.
The five-year-old gelding is currently at $3.40 at bookmaker.com.au after making a promising spring start with a runner-up finish in the Cameron Handicap at Newcastle and a strong fourth in the Group 1 Epsom Handicap.
In an open betting market there are four other horses falling under double figures including:
- Prairie Star ($6.00): Somewhat unknown prospect having first start in Australia. Owned by OTI and placed twice at Group level in his past three starts in France.
- Waterford Hill ($7.00): Lightly-raced five-year-old who has won four of eight starts. Has not placed in two starts this spring and having his first ever start at 2000m.
- Maules Creek ($7.50): Won at stakes level in the autumn but us yet to place from four starts this spring. Gets a crack in weaker opposition here.
- Bagman ($8.00): A consistent stayer who has won two stakes races in South Australia this preparation. Backing up a week after finishing fifth in the Cranbourne Cup.
- Shewan ($9.50): A Group 2-placed stayer yet to find form this preparation. Poor performances in all three spring starts to date.
In such an open race it would not surprise to see something steal top honours at double-figure odds, with Dame Claire ($14.00) one of the better-performed runners so far this spring.
The Pat Carey-trained mare won the Listed Ansett Classic at Mornington last month and has since finished third behind Tanby and Maluckyday in the Bart Cummings.
Others in the David Jones Cup market include Mick Price’s Proliferate ($14.00) and Anthony Freedman-trained import Val Champ ($26.00).
To see the full David Jones Cup market and to back a winner this weekend, visit bookmaker.com.au who have great odds on all this weekend’s top action.
To give your spring betting a boost sign up today quoting the code BONUSBET and take advantage of their $400 bonus bet offer!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.