Peter Moody may have lost some of his stars to injury this spring but he still has three runners in the 2012 Caulfield Cup (2400m) this weekend and one of those is Voila Ici.
The Italian import showed he was up to Group 1 class in Europe before arriving in Australia and has performed solidly since arriving with the highlight being a runner-up finish to Ocean Park in the Underwood Stakes.
At yesterday’s barrier draw Voila Ici received barrier 17, something that is not overly concerning to Moody who is confident he has the speed to get across into a handy position on the fence.
Can this Irish-bred, former Italian salute for Australia’s leading trainer? Keep reading for the stats that matter as well as the pros and cons about Voila Ici heading towards the Caulfield Cup.
#6 Voila Ici – Horse Facts
- Jockey: Vlad Duric
- Trainer: Peter Moody
- Owners: Glenlogan Park (MGR: J M HASELER), B Danaher, P E Shadforth, E A & Mrs J A Galante, K A Miller, S Bishopp-Cruciani, D Bernsen, Dick & Morrissy Racing
- Age: 7YO
- Gender: Stallion
- Breeding: by Daylami out of Far Hope
- Career: 31-13-6-5
- Last 6: 43X624
- Current 2012 Caulfield Cup Odds: $21.00
Why Voila Ici Can Become the 2012 Caulfield Cup winner
- Has won three times over the 2400m distance
- Is a Group 1 winner in Europe
- Has adapted well to Australian racing, having shown good lead-up form
- Peter Moody has set the import for this race from the beginning
- Has good gatespeed allowing him to get into a favourable position
Why Voila Ici Can’t Become the 2012 Caulfield Cup winner
- Yet to win in Australia
- Will feel pressure from favourite Glencadam Gold who will also push forward
- Hasn’t raced over 2400m in a year
Think Voila Ici can win the Caulfield Cup? Fancy another chance? Whoever you are backing, ensure you are getting great Caulfield Cup odds by betting at bookmaker.com.au.
To give you Caulfield Cup betting a boost joing the Races.com.au preferred bookie today quoting the code BONUSBET and take advantage of their $400 bonus bet offer!