Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Despite a horror barrier 21 draw Glencadam Gold remains favourite for Saturday’s Group 1 2012 Caulfield Cup (2400m).
The Gai Waterhouse-trained import is unbeaten in Australia from four starts and is a $4.80 favourite with bookmaker.com.au to keep his streak alive this weekend.
Dunaden, who drew even worse in barrier 22, is second favourite at $7.00 while December Draw is the next best at $7.50.
It appears to be an open Caulfield Cup field with many other chances including:
- Lights Of Heaven ($12.00): You can never write off Peter Moody and the leading trainer has always talked about Lights Of Heaven as a Caulfield Cup contender. She won the Brisbane Cup in the winter and after a slow spring start turned her form around late last month to finish third in the Hill Stakes.
- My Quest For Peace ($14.00): Trained by Luca Cumani, My Quest For Peace will be having his first Australian start after winning twice at stakes level in the UK in his two most recent outings
- Americain ($16.00): Former Melbourne Cup winner but like Dunaden and Glencadam Gold has drawn wide in barrier 19. A proven performer in Australia.
- Sneak A Peek ($16.00): One of three Moody-trained runners in the field and word out of the camp is that this import is going just as well as the rest of them at home. Yet to show form on race day in Australia but beat both Jakkalberry and Voila Ici at Group 2 level in Italy last year.
- Jakkalberry ($17.00): Another international contender having his first start in Australia. Was last seen running in August when he won the American St Leger in dominant style.
- Southern Speed ($19.00): Won last year but will have to bounce back from a back-field finish in the Turnbull Stakes.
Other horses in the Caulfield betting market include 2011 Epsom winner Secret Admirer ($21.00), Moody’s third runner Voila Ici ($21.00) and 2011 Epsom winner Secret Admirer ($21.00).
To see the full Caulfield Cup market and to back an early winner, head to bookmaker.com.au who are offering great Caulfield Cup odds.
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.