Last year’s Melbourne Cup winner Dunaden will take a different route to Australia’s biggest race this year, with the French star set to contest Saturday’s Group 1 2012 Caulfield Cup (2400m).
But luck has not been kind to the first-time Caulfield Cup participant who has to overcome an early obstacle of the widest draw in the field after receiving barrier 22 this morning.
The six-year-old entire has not won since he took out the Hong Kong Vase following last year’s Melbourne Cup but placed in the Group 2 Hardwicke Stakes at Royal Ascot in June.
For a full rundown on the stats that matter when it comes to Dunaden this weekend, keep reading below.
#2 Dunaden – Horse Facts
- Jockey: Craig Williams
- Trainer: Mikel Delzanges
- Owners: Pearl Bloodstock Pty (MGR. R M LEVITT)
- Age: 6YO
- Gender: Stallion
- Breeding: by Nicobar out of La Marlia
- Career: 33-9-9-7
- Last 6: X3326X
- Current 2012 Caulfield Cup Odds: $7.00
Why Dunaden Can Become the 2012 Caulfield Cup winner
- A proven stayer who will have no problems running the distance
- Is genuine class, having won last year’s Melbourne Cup
- Has top Australian jockey Craig Williams aboard
- Has winning experience over the distance
- Trackwork reports have been very positive, travelled well
Why Dunaden Can’t Become the 2012 Caulfield Cup winner
- Will carry 58kg, 4kg more than he carried to win the Melbourne Cup
- Barrier 22, Craig Williams has previously stated the importance of an inside barrier for Dunaden
- Has not won since December
Think Dunaden can salute in the Caulfield Cup? Get great value odds by signing up at bookmaker.com.au.
The full Caulfield Cup market is now available and if you sign up today quoting the code BONUSBET you can take advantage of their terrific $400 bonus bet offer!